||24||

OK so this whole hydra return is literally just made up. I know its not in the films but I felt like I needed it to strengthen a bond thats important later in the story so please just go with it 🙏😅

°🕰️°
Siberian Hydra Base_

"Hello there, n/n," the man from the car walked in front of me, "you managed to escape after Strucker was taken down. It was very difficult to find you, I'm almost glad that I stole that hydra communications device now."

"My name is y/n," I glared at him, struggling against the restraints, "and I'm stronger than I ever have been so good luck trying to use the brainwashing on me. It won't be as easy as you're hoping!"

"It never was easy with you according to these files," he smiled, flipping the pages of the file in front of him, "but first, I thought we'd show you the state your partner has been left in upon your abandonment."

My partner.

The reason we couldn't find him was because Hydra had him. Of course! It makes sense.

Even after fighting with Steve and realising who he is... He'd return to Hydra for answers because this is the one constant thing that he knows he can return to and it'll be the same.

I'm such an idiot.

He let out a small chuckle before pulling a photo out the file and turning it to me and showing me.

It was a man with a metal arm. He looked like he was in the middle of the hydra experiments. The photo looked pretty old.

Personally, I didn't remember him but there was something familiar about him.

My head suddenly began to ache and images started to flash across my vision.

"Winter.. Soldier.." I winced and glared at the photo, "what did you do to him?! Who even are you? You're not hydra."

"You two seem to be connected still. Interesting. As for me, it must be obvious I'm not hydra, my name is Helmut Zemo," the man replied, "it's amusing to think the Avengers didn't even know just how strong of a person they had by their side because you were only half a team."

He mock pouted.

"Pity," Zemo shrugged before turning, "now listen closesly."

"You stay away from me!" I shifted, trying to break free, "stay away!"

°🕰️°
A day later_

Tony's PoV

I walked up to the front door of the l/n household and knocked impatiently.

The door opened after about fourteen knocks.

"Hel-- oh," the girl who answered looked like a younger version of y/n just without the h/c I was used to, "so she was telling the truth. She does work with Tony Stark."

"She might as well be my kid at this point in our relationship," I told her, "where is she?"

The girl quickly got uncomfortable.

"About that..." she trailed off, "I loved meeting her. My dad... Well, he didn't agree and well..."

"I don't have all day," I sighed, "where is she? Where is y/n?"

"My dad-- I only learned recently that my sister didn't die. No, in fact, she was sold to an organisation that wouldn't think of her as a human," the girl said, "my dad.. He.. I'm sorry. She didn't even have time to leave the street."

"Don't tell me," I stared at her, "he didn't-"

She nodded, tears pooling in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry," she apologised, "my dad, he called some doctor and within minutes he was here. Y/n, she didn't have time to react between my dad hitting her with a baseball bat and the guy running her down in his car."

"Where is she?" I asked.

"They took her," the girl told me, "they took y/n. I don't know where they went. I just know she's gone."

Damn it!

"Where the hell is your dad?" I asked.

"I don't know that either," she scoffed, "he left yesterday, told me not to follow, and then never came back."

"He's a lucky man then," I turned and began walking away, "if he was here, he wouldn't be living a comfortable life."

I walked back towards my car and climbed in.

"Wait-!" the girl ran out to me, "her bike. Its in the garage. I pulled it in."

"Get rid of it," I told her, "I'll buy her a better one when I get her back."

"This probably doesn't mean anything coming from me after everything my dad has done to y/n but," she paused, "please save her. Get her to safety and... make sure she never comes back here again. I don't want her to get hurt because of our family again."

"You don't need to tell me that," I replied, "she'd have to kill me for me to let her return to this damn place again."

I drove away, heading back the Avengers building.

"Maybe it's time for y/n to change her name again," I muttered, "she is most definitely not a l/n. Damnit, I should've stopped her."

Shaking my head, I focused on the road.

"Friday," I spoke up, "alert the Avengers of y/n's kidnapping by Hydra. Have the people working in the Avengers building scanning all old Hydra bases for her. We need to find her before they undo all the healing she's done over this past year."

"Yes, Mr Stark."

°🕰️°
Two days later_

I stood watching the news with Rhody.

The UN conference in Vienna had been blown up, the Wakandan King had been killed.

"God," Rhody stared at the TV, "first y/n and now this? You don't think Hydra is trying to make a comeback again, do you?"

"If they are, then they're going to regret it when I find the pieces of crap who have y/n," I glared at the image of the supposed bomber, the Winter Solider, James Buchanan Barnes. Or as Steve calls him, Bucky.

Also the man y/n has been searching for over this past year more than anything.

I don't get it.

There isn't anything special about him so why is she so determined to find him again.

She'd be better off without anything that links her back to her past again. But, of course, I know she won't go for that. She's too stubborn to forget.

"Don't worry, Tony," Rhody put his hand on my shoulder and awkwardly smiled, "we'll find y/n again."

I know we will. I won't stop looking until we do.