||26||

Four hours later_
Siberia_

3rd Person PoV

"I don't understand," Zemo let out a frustrated shout, "why isn't it working?! She should be out of it by now. The pain should be enough if not the code I'm constantly muttering to her!"

"No, no calm down," he muttered to himself with an exhausted sigh, "it's likely that her mental state has gotten very strong since she left Hydra. Or she has gained more of a will to survive and fight. I have to be patient she'll give in eventually. Her mind will relapse eventually, it has to."

"No! I've been patient for the past few days trying to break her! But nothing! Nothing at all," he exclaimed, pacing as he muttered to himself, "perhaps... Isolation might... Help."

"But where would we put her?" he asked, "Somewhere dark, damp and cold? We're in Siberia! We're surrounded by mountains and caves... There must be something."

He sat down and let out a hum as he thought about it, he then picked up y/n's file and flicked through it.

"I don't understand the point of making them become each others end," he muttered, "if one leaves, the other kills them and vice versa? What is this? Some kind of tragedy book?"

He then noticed something.

"Her brain waves in this shot, they're similar to now. Where are the notes?-- ah. There. They're losing a bit of the stability again," Zemo smiled slightly as he looked at the h/c haired girl, "she just needs a little push."

He turned to a map on the table near him and looked around the base, "isolation...a little push. Where to put her..."

°🕰️°
Germany_

Steve got out of his car and greeted a familiar face with a smile. Clint Barton stood next to a van with Wanda Maximoff.

"Cap," Clint greeted him.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had another choice," Steve walked over and greeted him with a handshake.

"Hey, man, you're doing me a favour. Besides," Clint looked back to Wanda, "I owe a debt."

"Thanks for having my back," Steve looked to the woman.

"It was time to get off my ass," Wanda smiled slightly.

"And our other recruit?" Steve asked, looking back to Clint who then turned to the van he and Wanda had gotten out of. He pulled open the side door to reveal a new man just lying about inside.

"He's raring to go," Clint said, "had to put a little coffee in him but he should be good."

The door clanging shocked the new guy awake and he climbed out.

"Man, what time zone is this?" he asked.

"Come on, come on," Clint pushed him forward slightly.

The man walked forward and smiled when he saw Steve.

"Captain America," he exclaimed with a big smile.

"Mr Lang," Steve greeted him back, shaking his hand.

"It's an honour," Scott Lang continued to shake his hand and quickly noticed the awkwardness of the situation, "I'm shaking your hand too long."

He stopped and let out a small exhale.

"Wow, this is awesome. Captain America," he pointed to Steve as he turned and looked back to Wanda before nodding to her, "I know you too. You're great."

He then looked back to Steve before creating more of an awkward air around them as he patted the poor guys arms.

"Jeez..." he muttered as Steve looked back to Sam and Bucky with an awkward expression, "ah. Look, I want to say, I know you know a lot of super people so thinks for thanking of me."

Steve gave him a weird look, noticing the mix up of words but decided not to comment and simply gave him a small nod as Scott had already turned his sights elsewhere to Sam.

"Hey, man," he greeted.

"What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam nodded to him.

"Uh-- good to see you," Scott smiled slightly, "look, what happened last time when I-"

"It was a great audition. But it'll never happen again," Sam cut him off quickly, clearly not wanting the others to know what had happened the first time the pair had met.

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked Scott, breaking the line of pleasantries that seemed like it wasn't going to end if he didn't stop it himself.

"Something about some psycho assassins?" Scott replied, looking back to Steve, he nodded.

"We're outside the law on this one," Steve informed him, "so if you come with us... You're a wanted man."

"Yeah. Well. What else is new?" Scott asked, not even the slightest bit bothered by the idea of being wanted.

"We should get moving," Bucky announced.

"We've got a helicopter lined up," Clint told the group before the sound of an alarm and a German man speaking across the levelled parking tower PA system.

"They're evacuating the airport," Bucky translated the German partially.

"Stark," Sam commented.

"Stark?" Scott repeated.

"Suit up," Steve ordered, realising that they weren't going to get to the helicopter without a fight.

"By the way," Clint looked to Steve, "is it true y/n was kidnapped?"

Steve didn't reply which Clint took as a yes.

"So are we certain this is a good idea?" Clint asked, "shouldn't we be looking for her?"

"I have a feeling we'll find her while doing this mission," Steve replied as he glanced over to Bucky, "you'll want to find her too, right?"

"Who?" Bucky asked.

"Y/n," Steve clarified, "you guys were partners a couple years ago."

"I... Don't know who you're talking about," Bucky replied, "my partner died two years ago. When the air ships went down at S.H.I.E.L.D."

Steve frowned at this new piece of information but decided it best not to press it, not wanting Bucky to get distracted.

He decided he'd tell Bucky about y/n later.