IV

Askel lay outside on top of the roof

Askel lay outside on top of the roof. The wind blew in his hair signaling that it was getting colder and the fall season had begun.

Froot sat next to him sitting on his niffler behind. Chattering at the leaves that blew by and hit his face

The annoying Weasley children, Potter, and Granger had been gone for about a month now. The house remained semi-quiet during the day, apart from the tumultuous order meetings that happened every week.

Most of the members had dwindled to a mere few. Sirius, Lupin, Mrs. Weasley, and Mr. and Mrs. Lee.

The rest of the Hogwarts teachers had obviously returned to school. The Aurors and ministry workers, including Jay's brothers, were being overworked by Fudge. Anyone who could be linked to Dumbledore was getting the brutal end of Fudge's regime. Mrs. Weasley was dead set on cleaning the filthy house they currently resided in. Many times, she tried to encourage Askel to help her but Askel spent most of his time either watching Jay painting in his room or sitting on the roof listening to the bustling muggles down below.

His depression, it seemed, was getting worse day by day. Mrs. Lee tried her best to help him but he was so far gone he didn't know how to pull himself out of this funk. Eating seemed more like a chore than a luxury. Getting up out of bed was cruel. Even waking up was a punishment.

No one in the house knew how long he could go before he snapped. For now, he just laid on the roof stroking his niffler.

"Askel dear," he heard a quiet voice behind him say

He tilted his head to see who had interrupted him. Mrs. Lee's head was the only thing visible as the hatchet that connected the roof and the attic opened.

"Come now honey lunch is ready."

Askel sighed and begrudgingly stood up while holding Froot. He climbed down the ladder that led to the attic, ignored the ghoul that groaned itself to death, and went straight to the dining room.

Jay sat there speaking to Sirius. He was babbling about something random, most likely a painting he had drawn. Sirius listened with half interest but he gave Jay his full attention either way.

Halfway through his explanation he looked up at the ceiling and gasped at the colors. He smiled and began humming to himself. Sirius chuckled and shook his head.

Askel sat down next to Jay shooting a nasty look at Sirius, who returned it wholeheartedly. Mrs. Lee was speaking lowly to Mrs. Weasley as they both stirred the beef stew.

Askel picked up on a few things they were saying such as 'Harry is hurt' and 'Dumbledore should remove that cow.' Sirius was also extremely tense as he read over a letter that was written in elegant handwriting. Hermione's handwriting.

"You know conversing with minors is seen as creepy?" Askel sneered at the man

Sirius looked up with a frown.