VIII

Askel was being held by a crying woman

Askel was being held by a crying woman. He blinked in confusion as a plump redhead woman sobbed in his arms.

"Mum..." the youngest Weasley boy said embarrassed, "Stop crushing Askel!"

"Oh thank you!" Sobbed his mother, "thank you for saving my daughter!"

The minister as well as the the woman's husband and Potter, the two Weasleys, and Askel where all in Dumbledores office.

Askel awkwardly patted her back and then lightly detached himself from her so she could hug Potter. He scurried to Dumbledores side and stayed there. The woman and her husband who seemed grim wen outside of the office with the minister and Dumbledore turned to the three.

"You realize, of course... that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules." Dumbledore snapped at them Askel rolled his eyes.

"Yes, sir." Mumbled Potter and Weasley

"There is sufficient evidence to have you all of you expelled." Dumbledore explained

"How is that possible in my case?" Mumbled Askel and Dumbledore shot him a glare

"Yes, sir." Mumbled Potter and Weasley

"Therefore, it is only fitting... that you all receive... Special Awards for Services to the School." Dumbledore said with a smile

Askel shook his head while the two boys looked shocked.

"Thanks, sir."

"Now, Mr. Weasley, if you would... have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban," Dumbledore said as he handed Weasley a piece of parchment, "I believe we want our gamekeeper back."

Weasley nodded and hurried out while. Dumbledore turned to Potter

"First, I want to thank you, Harry. You must have shown me real loyalty down in the Chamber," Dumbledore explained, "Nothing but that could have called Fawkes to you."

"And... second..." Dumbledore continued, "I sense that something is troubling you. Am I right, Harry?"

"It's just...." Potter started, "You see, sir, I couldn't help but notice certain things, certain...."

Potter trailed off.

"Certain similarities between Tom Riddle and me." He finished

"I see," Dumbledore said and glanced at Askel who was staring at his nails un-interested, "Well, you can speak Parseltongue, Harry."

"Why?" He asked

"Because Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue." Dumbledore said, "If I'm not mistaken, Harry... he transferred some of his powers to you... the night he gave you that scar."

Askel looked up and saw the confused look on Potters face.

"Voldemort transferred some of his powers to me?" Potter asked horrified