III

Most of Askel's time nowadays was spent assisting teachers. He couldn't perform any type of magic without permission. So he was stuck either going to classes or reading alone in the library. Usually, Hayes or Opi stayed with him. But there were the rare moments he was blessed with some alone time.

He was curled up in an armchair reading a book about water plants. Then suddenly someone sat in the chair across from him.

Askel gave a hearty sigh as Harry opened his potions book and began reading.

"Are you stalking me now?" Askel asked after a few moments of silence

Harry looked up surprised.

"I just always see you alone. I thought you could use the company,"

"Maybe it's because I want to be alone," Askel snapped

Harry flinched and looked down with a hurt expression. Askel sighed and felt an unnecessary urge to apologize. But reframed from doing so.

They settled into an uncomfortable silence.

**

Askel trudged annoyingly through the snow

Askel trudged annoyingly through the snow. Hayes beside him as they attempted to reach the Three Broomsticks. He heard several students speaking ahead.

"We'll look who it is?" Hayes called out

Askel saw the annoying trio up ahead and groaned.

"Hide me," he hissed

"What? Why?" Hayes said confused

"Because..." he whined, "Potter will want me to join them. And this obsession he has with me is getting quiet annoying."

"He's in love Askel,"

"Yeah with the wrong person," Askel murmured.

Hayes rolled his eyes as Askel did the best he could to make sure no one saw him. He saw them enter the three broomsticks so instead, they went to Hog's head inn. It was empty as usual.

"Aberforth," Hayes said as he greeted the Batman

"Hayes," Aberforth murmured then looked at Askel, "I know you."

"So do many other people," Askel sneered

Aberforth glared at him. Askel examined his appearance. He did look almost identical to Dumbledore. But the differences were noticeable as well. Especially in personality. While Albus was warm and kind, Aberforth was grumpy and irritated.

He served them two cups of butter beer in dirty-looking glasses. Askel examined the glass and then pushed it away.

"You were the one who didn't want to go to the Three Broomsticks," Hayes said as he gulped his drink down

Askel stared at him with disgust but Hayes didn't seem to care. He watched as Aberforth wiped down the mirrors in his bar with a rag dirtier than hell itself.