V

Askel walked alongside the library shelves. Books flew down to him, opening their pages as to say 'read me, read me.' Sometimes Askel would indulge and read the book or sometimes he would ignore it together. As he passed by the many students studying, he heard hushed voices from the shelf next to him.

"Oh for goodness sake Harry just ask him," Hermione hissed

Askel looked up from his book to see Harry and Hermione whispering like school girls. He rolled his eyes.

"Grow some balls, Harry," Hermione hissed

"Hermione he's going to say no,"

"You don't know that!"

"He wants nothing to do with me!"

"Who does?" Askel asked turning the corner

Harry began to blush while Hermione grinned. 

"Oh, no one! Great that you're here Askel 'cause Harry's got a question for you!" Hermione pushed him toward Askel

"O-oh um," he stuttered

"Yes?" He said cocking his eyebrow

"Well um...."

"Spit it out!" Askel said

Harry flinched and looked hurt for a split second.

"Are you going to Slughorn's Christmas party?" He asked

Askel blinked.

"Yes, Dumbledore's making me go," Askel grumbled as he looked back down at his book.

There was a moment of silence between the two of them.

"Well," Harry started, "are you going with anyone?"

Askel cocked his eyebrow and looked up at Harry.

"Not that I know of," he slowly said, "is there a reason why?"

"Well," Harry took a deep breath, "I was wondering if you would like to go with-"

They were cut off by a redhead boy running towards them and throwing his arm around Harry's shoulder.

"What are you guys talking about?" Ron asked

Harry wanted to punch Ron in the face but held himself back by just clenching his fists.

"Nothing important Weasley," Askel said and began walking away.

Harry felt tears well up in his eyes as he turned, dropping his head in defeat.

**

Askel walked amongst the students and staff invited to this ridiculous party

Askel walked amongst the students and staff invited to this ridiculous party. Askel spotted Neville handing out drinks.

"I didn't get into the Slug Club. It's okay, though. He's got Belbey hanging up towels in the loo," Neville said glumly