[2] Irresistible Mr. Player(Edited)

Chapter Two

Irresistible Mr. Player

DYLAN

I wait for her to make a move. I know she is going to, I just know it. Nobody can resist me. Plus I know I’ve already struck a nerve. She looks really pissed, but her expressions? They are so entertaining! It’s like she’s going through internal conflict, deciding whether she should respond to my remarks, respond to my challenge, or not. I can point out the exact moment when she makes her decision. All the confusion vanishes from her face as a strange determination replaces it. And then, her lips crash onto mine.

As her lips gently start moving, I feel really good. The kiss is soft and simple and hasn’t got heated yet, but it’s making me crazy nevertheless. I’ve had much deeper and steamier kisses, but this one…I don’t know why, it’s different. And as each second is passing by I can’t help but want more. I am enjoying her delicious soft lips too much, so much in fact that it comes as a big shock to me when she abruptly parts her lips from mine. I’d expected this to last longer.

Guess not.

She walks off towards the drink’s bar near the dance-floor. I can’t help staring after her as she walks away. That kiss…it’d been good, really good. But then why did she leave? Didn’t she like kissing me?

Of course she did! Everyone likes kissing me.

But what if she didn’t? That’s not possible, is it? Just a little, unimportant kiss with her, and she’s got me so worked-up. It doesn’t matter, it really doesn’t.

I sigh and continue playing for another hour or so. The party is going on in full swing. The scent of alcohol lingers in the air, and room feels stuffy due to all the teenagers packed in here. The loud music is giving me a head-ache. The game suddenly feels boring. It’s like my mind is somewhere else, that girl…now what’s her name…Allie? Alice? Oh wait, Alex! Yeah, why can’t I stop thinking about her?

The ridiculous thought of that girl not liking my kiss plays in my mind. That’s what has got me so worked up, the thought of someone not being attracted to me. It’s really strange for me to be thinking about one girl for this long. That’s not me. Why do I even care what she thinks of me? Why do I care what anyone thinks of me?

I get up to leave, ignoring the chicks who plead for me to not go. But I don’t listen to them and I walk off. I find myself walking towards the drinks bar, and more surprisingly, looking for her. It’s crazy really. My even crazier thoughts are suddenly interrupted when I finally see her. I realize now how pretty she actually is. Now that it’s not dark and crowded, I can actually analyze her features. Her wavy brown hair is falling down her shoulders, her dress fits perfectly around her curvaceous petite body. Her eyes are big and brown windows of innocence.

As I stare at her from across the room, I can’t help wondering about her—who she is, how her personality is, and most importantly, how would it feel to kiss her again. Would it feel the same way it felt the first time? I don’t wait there any longer, wondering about pointless things. I decide to do things my style—approach her.

ALEX

 As I leave the game and simultaneously Dylan behind too, I make my way to the dance-floor. It’s crowded with teenagers grinding against each other and dancing. The scent of alcohol lingers in the air, causing my head to ache. I decide to not think about what had just happened about a couple of minutes ago and just enjoy myself. I’m not going to think about how I got my first ever kiss from the school’s biggest player.