[34] Mr Player's Break-up Strategy

Chapter 34

[Alex’s POV]

I slowly opened my eyes. Sunlight filtered in through the window.

Wait, a window?

This isn’t my window. Heck, this isn’t my room!

I shuffled a bit as I struggled to get up. Immediately I felt pain sear through my head. The room started spinning slightly. I groaned.

Where was I?

My eyes took in my surrounding. The room was pretty spacious. Why did this place look familiar?

And then, the inevitable happened. My eyes fell on a well-sculpted, slightly muscular, well-built body—a man’s body. Thankfully this guy was wearing a t-shirt. My first instinct was to look down at myself. Thankfully, I was fully dressed (if you call wearing a loose t-shirt and an underwear ‘fully-clothed’); except these clothes weren’t mine. I grabbed the t-shirt I was wearing and took in the scent coming off it. Surprisingly it was familiar too.

What the hell is going on!?

I tried to rack my brain about last night. All I could remember was loud music blaring and dancing and alcohol.

Alcohol.

Oh no. Please don’t tell me I ended up sleeping with a random stranger in my drunken state. This can’t be happening to me. I’m just 16 for god’s sake!

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. I kept my eyes glued on the strange guy sleeping next to me. He had soft, slightly wavy brown hair. Why did he look familiar?

And then he turned. The stranger turned, so that he was facing me, and my breath stopped. Because there, right in front of me, was Dylan, sleeping contently, looking like a heaven-sent angel.

What the hell is Dylan doing here? Or rather, what am I doing here? This room was Dylan’s room. The scent coming off the t-shirt I am wearing is Dylan’s. What am I doing here? Did me and Dylan had—

No Alex, don’t even think about it. You can’t end up committing the same mistake twice. That’s just not possible.

Or is it?

“Just…one…kiss…please…I…”

My eyes snapped back to Dylan. He was asleep, except he was mumbling incoherent things. So Mr. Player talks in his sleep, huh? Interesting…

“Let me…kiss you…” he kept mumbling. “Please…believe me…I like…you…” he kept mumbling. His sleepy voice was so sexy.

Ugh! Even in his sleep, all he can talk about is kissing. And who is he even dreaming about? Stacey? Of course it has to be Stacey. Didn’t he just say ‘I like you’ in his sleep? I kept staring at Dylan. His forehead had slight creases on them. His eye-lashed were pretty and long. His lips were…

His lips.

Damn! Why did I have to notice his lips now? Now all I can remember is each and every kiss we’ve ever had. His soft, delicious lips…

I love him, and he doesn’t even know it.

I don’t know why that thought suddenly came into my mind. But it just did. If only Dylan gave me a chance, I could show him the true meaning of happiness. I’d adore him, love him, and give him my everything. I’d love him so much.

If only he gave me a chance.

His eyes suddenly popped open. His beautiful green eyes locked into mine, and I forgot to breathe. My mind went blank. My eyes widened in shock. “I—I—” I stuttered and quickly averted my gaze. My heart was beating erratically.