Chapter 1

P.O.V: Link's Journal

17/03

Day 1 of the Pandemic

So, I came out of my room today to find Dark on the couch. He told me that this virus called "Corona Virus" has caused a temporary shutdown. They say it will only be two weeks, but viruses don't just go away after two weeks, so we're preparing for the worst case scenario. And we're gonna have to get along better, or this is gonna be a hard shutdown. It's not like we dislike each other, we just talk sometimes. We're not quite friends yet, but I'm hoping that will change.

Link's P.O.V

I gently closed the book and placed it down with it's pen on the table. My New Year's resolution was to reduce how much I bottle up my feelings. I'm not quite read to talk to anyone about it yet, so I started journaling. That will probably be really useful during the lockdown.

I walk into our small kitchen to see Dark making cute little crust-less sandwiches. He looked back, noticed me, and took one of his earbuds out.

"Whatcha listening to?" I ask.

"So it's this song called Ocarina by TV Blonde, and it's really good. You should listen to it! Here, wanna listen?" He says, offering me his wireless earbud. I nod and shrug, then help him make lunch.

"We're running out of everything." He says. "Good thing we're going shopping. Wanna come with?"

"Sure!"

After eating our cute sandwiches and carrots, we finally get dressed and ready to go shopping. I was already wearing my undershirt and trousers, so I just throw on my tunic, belts, and boots. Dark and I wear very similar outfits. He's at the door in basically my outfit but in shades of grey, white, and black. I grab both of our rupee bags, my Sheikah Slate, and  the blue medical masks our neighbours handed out to everyone, and we're off.

ok kinda short chapter, I know, but I remembered this book this morning so I knew I had to update it. Also, 32 followers! Let's go! tysm everyone!

Characters copyright to nintendo, story belongs to me