Chapter 14

TW: mentions of ED, v0m1ting

Dark P.O.V

We had a celebration after the proposal, and that celebration included alcohol, meaning we were laying against the outside of the inn. As usual, He was laying against my chest. I had been awake for a while due to the effects of my hangover. He started to shuffle in my arms and his eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning, my gorgeous fiancee."

"Good morning, babe."

"Everything ok?"

"No, I had way too much to drink last night." I laughed. "Hey, it's not funny! I have a terrible headache. Are you doing ok?"

"Honestly same, to sum it up."

He wrapped his legs around my hips, his arms around my neck, and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I love you, Dark."

"I love you too, hun."

~~~

We spent all day together. And I mean we didn't leave each other's side unless we needed to. Link and I spent hours on the beach, doing random things. Drawing in the sand, holding hands, playing with each other's hair... it was wonderful. It felt amazing knowing that this is our life now.

"I'm so excited." He said. We slipped our hands together.

"I know, me too. Every day is gonna be amazing. I'll make sure to treat you like a god."

"Aw, babe, you don't need to. I want to treat you better than anything I could ever deserve. I don't deserve you, Dark."

"You're right, you deserve better, but you chose this dork." He laughed.

"Well, you sure are a loveable dork." He said, placing his lips on mine.

"Hey, sorry to ruin the mood, but you two lovebirds best be gettin' ready for dinner." Malon said from out of nowhere.

"God damnit Malon!" I yelled jokingly.

"Get goin', boys."

We walked back to our room hand-in-hand.

~~~

"Hey, Dark?"

"Yea, hun?"

"I think I should say this... I think I'm gonna try he/they pronouns. Is that ok?"

"Wh-what do you mean is it ok? Babe, my opinion doesn't matter, does it? I'll try to use they whenever I can, ok?" I said, kissing his forehead. He nodded his head, his eyes tearing up. "How about I do your makeup?"

"A-alright."

Link P.O.V (Ik finally)

He wrapped his arm around the small of my back and dipped me down on the bed. He crawled on top of me with his makeup in hand. He leaned down to start on the eyeshadow. Our faces were so close that I could feel his hot breath on my face. I couldn't see him, but I could see into his beautiful red eyes.

When he was done, he planted a kiss on my forehead. He gave me a mirror. The makeup was very well done.

"Wow, Dark, this is amazing! Thank you!"

"Aww, it's not that good."

"No, I love it." He started to blush. "I love you, babe."

"I love you too, hun."

~~~

Upon arrival, Malon practically pushed us to our own romantic table. There were silent princesses scattered around and petals flying from seemingly out of nowhere. As soon as we sat down, she bowed and ran off.

"So what should we eat?" He asked.

"I'm not really hungry... I had a big lunch."

"Link, you had a small salad."

"But I've had so much fish."

"We can order something to share?"

"O-okay."

We ordered spaghetti (romantic, I know) and shared it. We even did the kiss thing.

I didn't want to eat any. My problem had been redeveloping. I was terrified to tell Dark, but I knew he could tell.

"Babe, please eat something. I know what you're doing."

"Fine."

I knew what I would do.

I ate a fifth of it then told Dark I had to go back to the room for something.

I headed straight to the bathroom. You can probably guess what happened next.

I had no track of time. I was probably there for a long time.

Suddenly, all my hair was scooped up into someone's hands. Then, someone rubbed my back. My eyes started to tear up upon realization of who it was. I wiped my face with toilet paper. I could no longer fight off the tears when I caught a glimpse of him.

"I-I'm- I'm so sorry-" I sobbed.

"No, Link. Don't apologize." He said, pulling me into his arms. "I'm not mad." He held me close, rubbing my back. I sobbed harder into his shoulder. It never seems like a bad idea until someone catches you.

"I sh-should have ju-st eaten it li-ike a normal person-n! Why can-n't I just be normal!?"

"Aw, baby, you're perfect the way you are."

"If I'm so f*cking perfect, why do I keep forcing myself to do this?!" I cried.

"Because you believe you're not. But Link, you're more than perfect to me; you're perfect for me." He placed a gentle kiss on my head. "Today was a little slip-up, but you can keep going. I believe in you."

He picked me up and carried me over to the bed. We both took our shirts off (because we wouldn't be getting up anytime soon) and laid down together. We shared a kiss, then I snuggled into his chest.

"I love you, my darling."

"I love you too." I whispered, drifting to sleep.

so many feels while writing this. 

copyright Nintendo and me