Chapter 18

TW: Hospitals, mentions of SH, OD, and Suicide

Dark POV

I opened my eyes and saw nothing but fluorescent lights and white walls. I guess I blacked out when the paramedics came. I turned my head to the side of the hospital bed and saw Link asleep.

"Link."

He shuffled and his eyes fluttered open. He gasped and smiled sadly.

"Hey, Dark."

"How long was I out?" He sighed. 

"22 hours."

"Oh."

There was a tense silence between us. Suddenly, he wrapped his arm around me.

"I still don't understand why you did that, but I'm so glad you're alive and here with me."

"I was keeping you up at night with my stupid mind. The pills were for my thoughts. The blood was for my idiocy."

"Dark, you promised."

"I'm sorry. I felt horrible. I wanted relief."

"I know."

He was kept in the hospital for 3 days. On the last day, the councillor who visited him each day came to speak to me.

"We think he should be admitted to a mental hospital for a bit."

"What?! How long?!" She sighed.

"Maybe 10 days."

"Um, no thanks. He's fine."

"We'll discuss it with him before we make any decisions." She said, looking very unimpressed.

We walked over to Dark's room in the ER. He was reading when we entered.

"Link, you should read this. It's called Cinder, it's the first book of 4 books. The last book has 832 pages."

"I'm glad you've got something to do."

"And I'm gonna give you one more thing to do." The woman said. "We think it would be best to send you to a mental hospital for a bit."

"How long?"

"10 or so days."

"Ok."

I was at a loss for words. 

"W-wait, you're going to-"

"Yes, Link. I think it would be what's best. I'll message you every day. I mean every day." He sat up and hugged me.

"Al-alright."

"You know I love you. Go home and get some rest."

"Only if you get rest. I love you too, Dark."

This chapter has been sitting on idle since September. I wasn't sure where to go with it, but I think it's good. I have more ideas, but on the bus I only have my fierce deity book loaded. I still have that q&a to write, now that I think about it

Time to switch to incognito and search EVERYTHING about mental hospitals 

have a great day or night!

©️Nintendo and pr0pet_ofdoom (me!)