Chapter 16

Link P.O.V

We arrived home a little past 8 pm. Dark and I were exhausted out of our minds, so we just decided to flop into bed, cuddle up and sleep together.

I woke in the morning to Dark making... muffins? What is he, the muffin man? Ah well, they were delicious.

I felt really bad for him. He has to carry my deadweight cuz I'm not all there to do it myself. 

"Dark, I'm really sorry. I don't want you to do this for me. I want to let you worry about yourself."

"But Link... I'm terrified that you'll-"

"I won't. I'm trying, Dark, I really am. I want you to be happy. What can I do to make you happy?"

He sighed and smiled sadly. 

"I want you to be ok. Then I'll be happy. I enjoy helping you, but if you wanna take the wheel, I'll let you. I just need you to make sure you're healthy. You need to promise me that."

"I promise." I said, sliding my hand into his. "I love you."

"I love you too, hun."

He knew Link wouldn't listen. He also knew that he couldn't hold his hand through it all. He couldn't be his mother. Maybe if he acted happy, Link would finally be happy.

He glanced at Link's ring as their hands were interwined. He smiled, knowing he wouldn't be losing him anytime soon.

~~~

Link still didn't eat much. I wouldn't say anything, cuz I knew he would lash out. He wasn't ok, and if he lashed out, I would forgive him instantly.

If he lashed out, he would feel horrible and not stop thinking about it then lock himself up in his room and rot away. I know him too well. 

I went and sat down behind him on his backwards chair. I put my arms around his waist and kissed his neck.

"Hey Dark."

"Hey hun, how are you?" I didn't want it to sound like I was 'checking up on him' so I made my tone as casual as possible.

"I'm fine, why? Is this another super-secret-check-in?"

"Nope, just talking to my fiance."

"Uh-huh, sure." He giggled. "I know you're worried, Dark, but you need to take some time for yourself! I haven't seen you put your airpods in in at least 2 weeks."

"But I enjoy being with you and talking to you!" I said, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck.

"You are so gay."

"You too, you twink."

"Hey! Too far!" He laughed. "Plus, I'm not skinny enough to be-"

"Shut! Shut."

"But it's true-"

"ADAdadada. Shut your trap, child. You're body is as slim as it can be. You don't want it to go any skinnier or you will get very sick and I might... I might never see you again." I cleared my throat, forcing back the tears.

"Hey, hey! No thinking like that! You're not losing me until I'm at least 96. Then maybe I'll come back as Trisha Paytas' baby." We both laughed. "I'll go get a radish and some hummus for us to share."

He got up and I smiled to myself. We can do this, step by step. We'll get through this together.

I made 2 funny-ish things. 1, i implemented the name of the book in just now lol and 2 i referenced the queen. This chapter's pretty short, but I wanted to get it out there today. I have to do homework now so here you go. And it wasn't published at 2 AM this time! owow that's something new lmao

When I was writing this on the bus, I saw a street called Bob-O-Link and I laughed

Anyway, have a great day or night, folks!! <3

600 words 

© Nintendo and me!!!