Chapter 7

TW: ED & dysmorphia

Dark P.O.V

It had been a couple days since... you know. Link wouldn't let me in his room. I felt really bad. What if he didn't want to continue the kiss? Did I take it too far? Every day I would push a snack under his door a couple times a day, and I'd go to clean out the dishes at night. None of them were even touched. Sometimes they would still be at the door. Each night I would take a moment to admire him. He always had tears dried to his face.

"I'm sorry... so, so sorry." I whispered.

Link P.O.V

On the third night that I was locked in my room, I pretended to be asleep. I figured Dark would come in every night, because my dishes were always gone.

He wandered in the room, quietly. He gathered all the dishes, but then put them back down. He sat down on the side of the bed and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry for what I did... I'm sorry that I kissed you even when you pulled back. It wasn't the right time, and..." His voice trailed off. "Sleep well, beautiful." He grabbed the dishes and left.

The next morning, I came out of my room. Dark was on his phone, and when he looked up and saw me, his eyes brightened.

"Link! Good morning!"

"Hi Dark... can we talk?" It almost seemed like he stopped breathing when I said that.

"A-about what?"

I took a deep breath and started.

"You didn't do anything wrong. You're not the reason I was in my room for so long. It's me. I wasn't strong enough to push him off. I couldn't defend myself, and you had to save me. I feel so... weak. I couldn't stand up for myself! I couldn't--"

"Link. There was nothing you could've done in that situation. You're one of the strongest people I know. You weren't prepared or armed." He said, about to put his hand up to my cheek, then hesitating. I lightly grabbed his hand and held it to my cheek. My cheeks started to heat up and my heart was pounding out of my chest.

"Would you take back anything that you said that night?" He asked. I shook my head, chuckling.

"No way! I love you, Dark. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone, and I know that now."

"So then what does that make us?"

"I-I mean, it depends on what you're comfortable with."

"So are we... together?"

"That... that sounds right." I crawled over to Dark and cuddled into his chest. "This is ok, right?"

"Of course, love."

Dark P.O.V

He lay down on my chest. I felt like if I breathed too hard, this moment would end. I started toying with  his hard with one hand, and embracing him with the other. This was everything I had ever wanted, even since I was a kid. Little Dark would be so proud of me. He would also be super jealous.

"I love you too." He looked up and we locked eyes. "Kiss?"

"Kiss."

He wrapped his legs around my hips and his arms around my neck. I put my arms on his hips and leaned in close to his face. We rubbed our noses against each other, then dusted our lips. Finally, his soft lips met mine, forming into a beautiful kiss. When we broke our kiss, we leaned our foreheads against each other and closed our eyes.

                                                                                                 ***

Link P.O.V

For some reason I woke up with a feeling of guilt. I felt like I wasn't enough.

Dark was holding me awkwardly, making me think he didn't like my body. I had been starving myself for one or two weeks now, and whenever Dark and I would eat together, I'd force the food back up after. I'd been starting to feel dizzy and tired frequently during the day. I just hoped Dark didn't notice.

I pulled off my shirt and stood in front of the mirror. I had some build, for I had defined abs. I usually train with my sword daily, but since the pandemic started, I haven't been much. My dysmorphia was terrible right now.

I closed my eyes. I then felt two arms wrapping around my waist.

"Hi hun," My eyes widened. "What're you up to?"

"Uhm... I-I'm uh-"

"You've been standing here for quite a while. Are you feeling bad about your body?"

"I-I mean... yea, k-kinda." As soon as I said that, he visibly pouted. He nestled his face into my neck from behind and kissed it.

"Darling, you're perfect! Your body is beautiful. You are beautiful. Here, I'll make a list of everything on you that's beautiful." He whipped out a pen and paper and sat me down.

"So let's go from head to toes. I love your hair and the way it shines, your beautiful cerulean eyes, your adorable ears, your cute nose, the way your cheeks turn red when you blush, your soft lips, your neck, how your hair drapes over your shoulders, your strong arms, your abs, your thighs, your strong legs, and of course everywhere that I have yet to explore." Oh dear I was so flustered. He rested my head down on his shoulder and rested his own head on mine.

"I hope this has changed your mind. It makes me so sad to think that you're so uncomfortable with your own body. If you need any encouragement or reassurance, come to me. I want to help you feel better the best I can." Tears started welling up in my eyes.

"Th-thank you."

"Aw, honey."

"I'm so-orry. I'm sorry f-for every-ything I've do-one. I haven't t-told you a l-lot."

Dark P.O.V

Link started crying into my t-shirt.

"Like what? Is it bad?"

He nodded.

"I-I've been... doing bad things to myself. I ha-aven't been ea-ating, and when-n I do, I-I force it-t back up-p. I-I just can't look at myself, especially after th-that guy." I had no clue he was doing this; he showed no sign of it.

He tried to stand up and run off, but he almost fell over and couldn't stand up straight.

"Link? Are you ok?"

"Yea, I'm... fine..." Just then he collapsed into my arms

I've grown tired of this body
This cumbersome and heavy body
I've grown tired of this body
Fall apart without me, body

"Link?! Please, Link, wake up!"

Ok um i love that song lol. Mother mother is god. Anyway, I thought I would add this for some angst. Sorry it's a little random.

© copyright to Nintendo and me