Chapter 10

TW: SH, mentions of SA, mentions/attempted suicide, relapsing, fighting, yelling

Dark P.O.V

Link had been acting really off. Even the frogs didn't cheer him up. I felt like he was hiding something from me, but I didn't want to accuse him of anything. Maybe it was that time of month. Wait - He's a cis guy.  I got out my phone and started a text to him.

I don't know how to help you if you don't talk to me. I want to help you.

Sent.

I heard his notification go off in his room (which he had locked himself in, once again.)

typing...

Can you just leave me alone?

I frowned.

Sorry. Love you.

seen 1:14 PM

I sighed. No response.

I went and flopped down on my bed. I started blasting my favourite music into my headphones. Was he mad at me? I had no clue what was wrong and I was going to figure it out.

I hopped out of bed and knocked on his door.

"What do you want?!"

"We need to talk."

"Can you just f*cking leave me alone?!"

"If we want to do this relationship thing, we have to be honest with each other."

"Well maybe I don't want to do this "relationship thing"!"

I gasped.

"Just go!"

I had tears welling up in my eyes, threatening to escape. I slid down against the door and fell to the floor. I started silently crying into my hands.

                                                                                                 ***

I had left early that morning to make sure Link didn't hear me leave. I couldn't bear to look him in the eyes after yesterday. We hadn't talked since. I left a note on the counter for him to read when he wakes up.

Dear Link,

I'll leave you alone. I think it's only fair for you. I shouldn't have pestered you. I'm gonna... take some time to myself. I love you Link, and thank you for everything.                                                                           -Dark

I grabbed my things and opened the door.

"Goodbye, my love. I'll see you on the other side."

Link P.O.V

I woke up to an uncomfortable silence. I opened my door and looked around. The house looked almost empty. I saw a note on the counter.

"Oh no..." I muttered.

I read the note and my eyes started to tear up.

"Crap! What did I do, what did I do!" Tears started falling from my eyes.

" I need to find him."

                                                                                               ***

My first stop was Lon Lon Ranch. Malon said Dark came for a chat maybe 20 minutes ago and pointed in some random direction. I kept asking people if they had seen him, and I eventually found him. He was on the roof of a tall building, spreading his arms at the edge, ready to fall. He was muttering apologies to everyone he loved; Malon, Riju, Zelda, Sidon - even Charlie. Eventually, he got to me.

"And my dear Link... I will love you forever and always, even in the afterlife. I will watch over you and shower you in love. Thank you for everything. I love you so much."

He started leaning forward, ready to fall. I ran up the steps and over to him. Just as he fell, I grabbed his hand.

Dark P.O.V

I gasped. Someone had latched on to my hand, and when I looked up, I saw Link, tears streaming down his cheeks and hitting my already wet-with-tears face. His cheeks were bright pink and his eyes were red from crying.

"You can't die! I'm so sorry for everything I said! I should have just been honest with you. I didn't mean anything!" He cried. "Please, hang on! Don't let go!"

With all his strength, he pulled me up and into his arms. He held me so tight, as if I would fall off if he didn't. He rested his head on my shoulder and his hand through my hair, crying into my shirt.

"I'm sorry I w-wouldn't just-t tell yo-ou. I was so traumatised and I to-ook it out on-n you. I wa-as raped the oth-er day when I went to th-he store. I was-sn't content with mys-self, and I was scared y-you would be angry w-with me. I shouldn't have lashed out at you. I'm so sorry."

I lifted his face and stared into his beautiful, cerulean eyes, moving his hair out of his face.

"It's fine-"

"It's not fine, though! You were about to kill yourself!"

"It wasn't only you. You were actually the reason why I hadn't done it sooner. I've been in a terrible place. You made my life colourful. I overreacted."

He placed his hand on my cheek and put his forehead to mine.

"You didn't overreact. I'm just happy I got to you on time."

"I love you, Link."

"I love you too, Dark. Yesterday I ignored you. I didn't even say 'I love you' back. So I love you I love you I love you!"

We stared into each other's eyes and shared a beautiful, emotional kiss.

AHH IM SO MEAN TO THESE TWO LMAO
I'm getting advice from my friends on what angst to write for this chapter and they're all POINTING OUT HOW MEAN I AN TO THE CHARACTERS LIKE I KNOW.

okok so probably gonna put some fluff in between more angst so yea

© copyright Nintendo and me