Chapter 15

Dark paced around the room as Link got some desperately needed sleep. His head was rushing with various thoughts. It was overwhelming. He was terrified and relieved and hopeful and destroyed all at the same time. He didn't know what to do with himself. 

He thought about a lot, but what was mainly on his mind was him and Link. 

They were both seriously unstable. Dark had problems with his mental health and emotions. He had terrible coping mechanisms and he had no idea how to quit. Link on the other hand was actually messing with his health. Who knows, he might just end up in the ER again. 

Suddenly, a thought crossed his mind that he never thought would. 

"What if you and Link break up until you're both better?"

Dark gave this some thought. Then, a wave of guilt washed over him. He knew Link needed him. He needed Link. Suppose he wasn't around Link, who knows what Link might do. He felt like he needed to be in place as a sort of protector or guardian to his love. He would not only kill for his lover, but he would willingly put his own life on the line to protect him. 

He would of course need to talk to Link still. He had no idea how he felt about the whole situation, and he would need to have a long talk with him.

Link started to toss and turn, slowly opening his eyes. Dark came and sat down on the side of the bed and toyed with his lover's hair. 

"Hey, Dark."

"Hey, love..."

Link raised his brow. Something was off about Dark.

"Hun, are you ok?"

"I don't really know," he blurted out. "I've been doing a lot of thinking."

"About what?" Link was starting to worry. Was Dark having second thoughts about their relationship since last night? Was this all his fault?

"Well, I want your input on our relationship. If we're going to commit to this... I want to be there for you Link, but I can't do that if you don't let me in."

Link sighed. He knew Dark was right. He never needed to prioritize his emotions. He always hid the away. Now, he had someone who cared; he wasn't sure how to react.

"Link, I've known you for years. I need you to look into my eyes and tell me what you really want so I have time to think-"

"You!" Dark was utterly confused. "I-I mean, I want to stay with you. You make me so happy every day and I don't think I can afford to lose you. If you need me to be better, I'll be better! I'll change!"

"No, Link, listen. I don't want to leave you. I don't want you to change. I just want you to be safe and happy and healthy. If you can't do that on your own, I'll help you."

"I'll try..." Dark placed his hand on Link's soft cheek. "For you." He said, placing his hand on top of Dark's.

Dark was deeply relieved. He needed this, and he knew that Link did too.

Super seriously short one and that's only bc I completely redid this chapter cuz the other one was ugly and cringe so I'm swagging it

alr schools back bitches, what now. homework?? nahh wattpad ok bye

copyright me and nintendo