The Archway

The wind carefully went through my hair as we all ran down hall after hall in the ministry. Each hall looked identical with black glossy bricks and doors that stretched on forever. Everyone had worried looks after searching for awhile, this place is literally a labyrinth, causing the hope to slowly drain. I blinked focusing on Harry then saw through another's eyes. A weird room that's just empty besides an arch that sat in the middle showed and I knew exactly where to go.

"That way!" I ran ahead and they hesitated to follow, "I just have a gut feeling alright." Finally with no other choice they followed and in seconds we saw death eaters run into the room I was drawn to. As we entered the dull room brightened, but duels began. Sirius joined Harry's side and it was deja vu. Honestly if I didn't know it was Harry I would've thought James was alive. I felt like I was in school again and the adrenaline kicked in. I began to help knock wands out of death eaters hands who weren't paying attention to me with just a flick of my wrist. No one wants to duel me, everyone fears me, I'm unbeatable. I looked back at the center and Sirius punched Lucius right in the face.

I began to squeal in excitement, "NICE ONE SIRIUS!" I finally just released my excitement and jumped up and down shaking my wrists but stopped as a green light almost struck me. I stumbled and looked down, Bellatrix was casting the killing curse every which way. I deflected each one that got close to anyone from the order and was trying so hard to keep up with her. In the distance I heard "Nice one James." At that moment my heart sank, my body felt heavy, my mind was drifting, the room didn't feel real. Sirius also pictures Harry as James. Another spell was cast while I was sinking in my mind and was heading straight for Sirius. I went to apparate to get hit with it instead but before I could do that Sirius was hit right in the chest. The room went silent as he stepped back into the arches curtain and floated up with a smile, disappearing. Harry lunged forward but Remus quickly restrained him back. I looked at Bella with hell's fire in my eyes. She could feel my sharp stair and in terror began to run as fast as possible. I wanted to chase her but Harry was one step ahead of me.

"HARRY!" I jumped down skipping many steps knowing he was in danger but my arm was grabbed and pulled back.

His voice quietly trembled with hate and grief, "Y/n just end all this dueling first. I'd rather not lose anyone else." I turned at Remus and sighed with tears in my eyes before snapping my wrist multiple times. Some death eaters did apparate away but any that I could get a hold of were immobilized and their wands were placed into my hands.

"Free wands?" I tried to smile...Tonks and Kingsley slowly walked down to us with weird expressions I couldn't describe.

"You could've done that the whole time! Sirius could still be alive if you only used your head sooner!"

Kingsley held Tonks back, "Tonks calm yourself, Harry can deal with Y/n later." I stared at him before just dropping all the wands I had and storming out of the room. Bright lights came from the entrance of the ministry and as I entered all I saw was the minister walking in and Voldemort beginning to disappear. I had missed the fight...

"H-he's actually back."

"Harry take this." Dumbledore handed Harry a statue's head.

"You can't just make port keys when you want!" Fudge looked around and froze with his mouth hanging open pointing at me. "How...Albus since when has this one risen from the dead! AGAIN!" I waved with a cheesy grin.

"Oh them. Yeah Y/n never died, Tom lied about that. Also before you decide to arrest them, they are on our side. You can thank Y/n for all the immobilized death eaters in the department of mysteries." I smiled even more as aurors ran past me.

"Albus, can I have a word in private!" Fudge and Dumbledore wandered away. Not knowing what to do I just looked around the room slowly. Bright red hair...nerd like...lanky...glasses. I quickly ran and hugged the man tightly.

"Percy! You grew to be so handsome and those glasses really suit you."

He looked really uncomfortable so I stepped back, "Um and you are?"

I smacked my head lightly, "Right you were pretty little back then. I babysat you and your brothers after the twins were born. I'm Y/n Druid, Voldemort's unstoppable creation."

His eyes widened then he slightly snarled, "My mother let you watch me?"

My heart felt like he just punctured it, "Oh...Well I almost never saw you, you always had a book even though you were so small."

"I've read all about you and you're portrayed as the double crosser." I looked down at my feet and began to rub my fingers.

"I was manipulated a lot as a teen..."

The conversation was thankfully interrupted, "Y/n you're coming back to Hogwarts with me." Dumbledore held out his arm and I took it quickly just to get away from the unfamiliar boy. We ended up in his office and by the look in Harry's eyes I knew I was not needed.

"I-I'll just wait outside..." I shuffled out and didn't wait by the door. I quietly went down the stairs and looked around trying to remember the layout. It's felt like an eternity since I've been here. Where...WHERE! A light bulb lit up and I was now running down corridors towards the dungeons. He should be there, he should. Students were walking around and some jumped at the sight of me. I ignored them but stopped right by what should be Severus's office. Just my luck, here stood a blonde Slytherin boy who looked like they just saw a ghost.

"Y/n...how, father didn't tell me you escaped."

I paused, shaking in my place awaiting to knock on the door, "Why would he risk word getting out. Did you not go home for Christmas?"

"I did but he said you weren't feeling well!"

I ticked my jaw, "Probably not the first time he lied to you." I slowly smiled and looked him in the eyes, "You probably won't be seeing your crusty father anytime soon, you'll see why in the papers."

I knocked on the door quickly and Draco had steam rolling out of his ears, "What do you mean not the first time he lied! Y/n why do you seem so happy, my father did nothing to you!"

Something in me snapped as I stepped away from the door and got really close to Draco, "OH REALLY? He told you I was just self harming causing all those bruises and scratches huh?! WELL, in reality your father was constantly having an affair, raping me and abusing me whenever he pleased! Draco that's the hard truth! Your father has been a FUCKING ASSHOLE TO ME!" Draco froze and my tightened body started to loosen as two familiar hands slowly made their way down my shoulders sending shivers. Then he gently held me close from behind creating fear in Draco's eyes.

"Mr. Malfoy please leave this area. It's obvious Druid can't handle seeing you at the moment." My shaking stopped as his fingers steadily made their way through my hair. I was lifted off my feet bridal style and carried into his chambers in silence, set on top of his bed.

"Severus, I'm fine."

"No, no you're not. Something happened and you just took it out on Malfoy."

I paused, staring at him and rolled onto my side facing away from him unable to stop the flow of tears. He sat besides me and pulled me over to him so I could cry onto his chest. "I-it's all my fault," I choked on my own words, "Si-Sirius is dead because of me..." He froze before slowly kissing the top of my head three times as his hand went up and down my arm trying to calm me.

"It's not your fault. If he just stayed home like we told him to."

"I should've stayed behind with him but no, we felt the need to save Harry. I watched and allowed James, Lily and now Sirius to die. I should be dead...that killing curse that hit me should've killed me the first time. Everyone might still be alive... I could've already been at peace before the madness started." Severus pulled back and put his hand on my face stroking me with his thumb.

"You had no control over their deaths darling. You can live at peace soon, it just takes time. If you want to live on your own again you can. There's no need to hide at my place this summer since the minister has seen you." At that moment I pulled him close and our lips locked sloppily but as quickly as I leaned in I pulled back.

"I can't do this right now, but all I ask is please let me move in. I'll be completely safe with you Severus." He smiled weakly and got off the bed.

"If it'll make you feel safe."