It's Happening

A day has passed since I showed Harry all of those memories. Which he has honestly avoided me at all cost and I just hope he doesn't think I'm miserable. I blinked my eyes tightly, returning to the present. The long empty dark corridors stretched out, never seeing the end. Why am I out walking in the moonlight again? I scrunch my face trying to remember but everything just seems fuzzy in my mind. My right hand tightened its grip causing a piece of parchment to scrunch in my hand. In confusion I slowly unraveled the small letter.

Meet me at our reading tree

Right, this was on my, our coffee table. I turned around the corner so close to the back exit when the sound of chattering students echoed in my ears.

"Professor Druid!" Slughorn practically jumped out of the door drunkenly greeting me.

"Professor Slughorn...are you drunk?"

"What? Goodness no, this is a party for students." He leaned closer and chuckled, "However we should arrange a party for staff."

I held a smile to cover my disgust, "How pleasant...I'm just going for a stroll."

"No, now I insist you come inside, Severus is inside." Horace winked and reluctantly I was pulled into the pool of students. The room sounded drowned out, am I even really here? What did I even do today- My whole body sunk realizing I had blacked out earlier from drinking all morning. Why was I even drinking?

A tap on my shoulder caused me to squeal, "Oh I'm sorry professor, just wanted to see if you're feeling better."

I turned around and looked down at the pale blonde who was wearing a very unique dress, "Oh um you're fine Luna, wait feeling better?"

"Yes, Professor Snape said you weren't feeling well and that's why you took the day off."

I smiled, hiding my confusion, "Right, well yes I'm feeling better." She looked away to wander but I reached out to her, "Luna, have you seen Snape?"

"Oh he just escorted Draco out." I nodded and slowly trudged my way out of the crowded room and continued my original route outside. How could I forget a whole day...I mean yes I was black out drunk but I don't get drunk. I don't touch the bloody thing! The icy breeze smashed into my face as I walked out massaging my head. Pounding echoed and strained my eyes to the point I could hardly walk as I tried to remember last night and this morning. The pain vanished as lines of candles lit up creating a path towards my favorite tree as I stepped off of the steps.

I mumbled to myself, "Severus what are you doing..." A smile crept onto my face no longer caring about the beginning of my day. No longer wondering what the dark splotches are. Is he? I mean does he really have the balls to do so. The candles stopped lighting up and knowing the tree was only a foot away I froze in my spot. I looked down as more candles appeared around me in front of the tree creating a giant heart. Tears began to overflow, barely being cradled in my eyelids. Fireflies swarmed by looking majestic, however my vision became blurry again. Slowly I adjusted my head to look up, my eyes coming to focus and there he is. Severus, leaning against the tree with an eyebrow raised. His usual smoking hot grin forming on his relaxed face.

"Y/n Druid. My love. My adorable ferret." I chuckled as I looked into his glazed eyes. They look like a nebula when brightened by the candles. My tears no longer stayed in a clump as he lowered down onto one knee.

My face became  lukewarm as the tears trickled down. A rush of warm tingles flooded through out my body causing me to plant myself as I looked at the love of my life. I noticed he's wearing his normal outfit, however his cloak is hanging on the tree. It does make him hotter, "I originally planned to do this the night before we graduated all those years ago...however I am glad to do this now knowing James couldn't wreck it."

I brought up my arm, my sleeves absorbing my tears, "Darling leave the dead people out of this."

He raised an eyebrow with a smirk looking up before reaching into his pocket, "I want you to know that I'm ready to continue loving you till death do us part." I covered my mouth, holding back my loud sobbing but my tears still rolled onto my hand. He opened the box revealing a glistening ring with two jewels, one yellow and one green. The two were wrapped in the silver metal making it shaped like the yin and yang. "Y/n, will you-?"

Without hesitation I held out my hand cutting him off, "Put it on already you goof." He snickered as he carefully placed the ring on my left ring finger.

"Why wouldn't you let me finish my sentence?" I zoned out, mesmerized by his bright eyes. "Y/n?"

"Oh sorry your eyes are just so...I don't know how to word it. It's like a nebula is swirling around." Steadily he stood up towering over me, my sight still caught in his eyes.

"Yours are even more breathtaking. They look like a bright fresh geode sparkling in the light." Finally processing that we just got engaged I pulled him down and kissed him, my tears transferring onto his face. His hands tracing my hips and his finger slowly tracing circles along my lower back.

Our lips slowly detached and something came over me, "Darling?"

He held me close, his chin resting on top of my head, "Yes?" I tightened my grip on him and my tears were no longer filled with happiness. I know he's waiting for me to say something happy but I'm so lost today.

"Why can't I remember anything from this morning...or last night...my memory is telling me I got drunk," He slightly pulled away to look me in the eyes, I was filled with annoyance for some reason, "We both know that isn't true." Our faces then exchanged the same look of confusion, snow started to fall and I shuddered, he doesn't know the answer...

"You don't remember...our um argument?"

"I-" A sharp pain struck through my head, "BLOODY HELL! I...don't know what you're talking about. I was just upset and decided to get drunk today."

He smiled weakly before sweeping me off my feet, "Well that wasn't very smart of you."

I rested my pounding head against his chest, his breathing was abnormal, "Everything alright love?"

"Just cold..."

"Where are we going?"

"To bed, it's late." A warm feeling spread through my body as I closed my eyes. 

Earlier this morning

The dark pit that filled my dreams faded away as I was violently swayed awake. The darkness that flooded the room as I opened my eyes brought me to a confused state.

"Severus, why are the curtains closed?" I squinted over at him and quickly noticed his trembling. "Darling what happened?" I gently motioned for him to come cradle in my arms but he shook his head refusing.

"No...no, no!" He couldn't even bear to look at me, "I can't do this..."

"Severus, you're worrying me. Is this about Harry or Dumbledore?" I waved my hand and lit a candle hoping he'd snap back into reality.

"How can Albus expect me to be happy while knowing your set future..." His trembling transitioned to a full blown sob, "I can't let it happen, I can't lose you, I can't watch you...I've already told you all this last night before obliviating you..." His mouth spoke but the next few words were drowned out as the room started to flake away as it was being erased.

"Oh...I see, this is a memory...Severus why did you erase this?" My sight moved away from the Severus sitting on the bed who flaked away. Then he was standing across from me with tears in eyes and wand pointing at me.

"Because of your reaction...just take a look at your neck. Don't worry I'm erasing that memory and this as well." He was ashamed of himself for telling me whatever it was, especially as I looked at myself in the mirror. I'm drenched in blood and a large slit in my throat was very slowly fading away.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "I, I tried to kill myself-"

"Both times I told you..."

"Told me what Sev?"

"My love...just forget it."