Double Agent 2.0

I brushed the ash off of my shoulders and started to wander out of the fireplace, "Sorry I'm a little late- Where's Severus?" I looked around panicked. I haven't been in this room since I was expelled. That cold feeling crept up my back again...I didn't crucio them, I'M INNOCENT! I kept myself composed taking my deep breathes even though the room full of artifacts and paintings felt like it was overwhelming me, judging me.

"He's taking a moment for himself. Now then you can either stand or sit. It shouldn't take us too long." I quickly sat and melted into the closest chair.

The room stopped spinning, "Now what seriously couldn't wai- Professor your hand!"

"I know Y/n that's why you're here. Do you think you can heal it?" I stood up and steadily took his frail hand.

"What caused this?"

"Oh I think you know," He lifted his hand pointing to a shattered ring.

"Marvelo Gaunt's ring? You bloody idiot! That was his first horcrux obviously he'd make it the most protective." I looked at his hand even closer and plopped back into my chair. "Nothing can fix it, you have maybe-"

"Eight months is what Severus has estimated. I do have a proposition for you. You can decline but Severus shouldn't be alone through everything once I'm gone. If you agree to this Snape will take you to the next Death Eater meeting tomorrow. I want you to work on both sides besides him as a safety precaution."

I slowly nodded as I looked up at him befuddled, "I- I just figured you couldn't trust me with this."

He laughed to himself, "If Snape's life is on the line then I can trust you. Now then you should take your trunks to either Snape's private chambers or yours. Also if he hasn't told you yet he's the Defense against the Dark Arts teacher now."

I stayed in my seat scratching the bandages staring into his soul, "Dumbledore...do you regret expelling me?"

His eyebrows raised but lowered just as quickly as he turned walking over to the window, "No." I felt my pupils shrink from a weird hatred I was gaining as he turned his head enough for me to see the corner of his eye, "If I didn't I would've been stripped of my position. Then who would've protected this school or Harry?"

I fought myself wanting to have the final word before standing up and walking out of the room, the enchanted trunks trailing behind me. I began to process that whole conversation. He's gonna die, Dumbledore is actually gonna die. He just seems immortal... I walked up a few more stairs my face scrunched in deep thoughts and opened Severus's private chamber doors. My thoughts blew away as I could hear distant sobbing. Slowly I closed the door and set the trunks down before following the sound. I stopped at the bathroom door which was the only shut door. I've never heard him be in such pain. He's screaming and hiccuping uncontrollably repeating the same sentence, "They can't die..." I can't handle it so without any other thoughts I quickly opened the door and fell next to Severus embracing him closely.

"It's ok, I'll be fine. As long as we protect each other we'll be safe." I rubbed his back as his head rested on my chest. His sobbing stopped quickly but I can still feel tears falling into my hands as I cupped his face. "Ok well if it's about Dumbledore he's old so if anything it's putting him out of his misery." The tears finally ceased and his eyes met mine, a smile crept in the corner of his mouth.

"That is true...you're agreeing to his offer aren't you." I choked on my words and nodded, causing him to quickly stand up and exit the bathroom.

I stumbled up hitting my toe against the wall and followed, "Rubbish door! S-sev I'm sorry but it's my choice!"

"Darling I know that. It, it's just after the Dark Lord's next step finishes his plans for you aren't exactly pretty..."

"Severus, I can handle anything."