The Painful Truth

I can't hear anything. How long have I been sitting here screeching in crippling pain? Wait I've been in pain? My eyes began to burn and felt crispy from staring at the door for so long. I finally blinked and moved my stiff as a statue neck around to figure out what exactly had happened. I looked to my left and the whole room looked as though it was struck by a tornado. Glass was broken all around the wooden floor as well as my bookcase...the pictures of me and Severus were drenched and absorbing the spilled glossy ink.

Irritation began to flow throughout my body and my head began to throb. How could he do this to me! He loves me! ME! Each beat my heart pulsed pounded against my head and was driving me closer to tears, closer to a full blown tantrum. My first day as a professor and I did this, I threw a fit, I couldn't hold in my feelings. I then looked to my right realizing my vision was just a static blur and squinted at the hole in the wall which was too big to have been from my fists. My attention was pulled into the blood that was dripping from the cracks. Anxiety engulfed me not knowing what I was going to see. My eyes dropped their attention to my numb shoulder, starting to finally realize why I can't feel it. I was drenched in dark fresh and dry crimson blood.

My hearing slowly began to return as an average knock was coming from my office door, "Professor? Hello?" It's not difficult to know who was at the door. I can just hear the persistence in his voice.

"Come in Potter." He gradually pushed the door open pushing through all the crap and stood at the doorway terrified by the scene. "I think I'm gonna need help getting up to start our discussion."

He stumbled on words before ripping a piece of cloth off of my curtain, "You need to see Pomfrey! Forget about that Y/n- Professor." I screamed as he pulled me away from the wall to wrap my wound.

"FUCK! Sorry Harry- GOD DAMN IT! Again Sor- SERIOUSLY MY BRAND NEW CURTAINS! Usually I'd heal by no- ARE YOU TRYING TO HURT ME JAMES!"

He quickly backed away putting his hands up after tying the last knot ignoring my last scream, "Ok I'm done! What exactly happened?"

I carefully got up making sure not to cut my hand on a piece of glass, "Oh it's really not important...I honestly don't reme-" I looked past Harry my heart dropping as I saw Severus entering the large classroom downstairs. Potter then turned around confused and immediately got uncomfortable realizing what might've happened. "I'm sorry I'm not in shape to speak to you at the moment Potter, tomorrow whenever you're free we can." Without another breath Harry left and I stepped out of my office, locking the door so Severus couldn't see the mess.

His face gained a worried look as he sped his pace towards me, his cloak flowing behind him like the god he is, "Darling you're drenched in blood! Y-Your shoulder, what happened love?"

I looked him dead in the eyes with the most horrifying straight face. Usually I would picture us as the love shown by Hades and Persephone but right now all I can see is the cold love from Zeus and Hera. "Don't call me love." I moved around him and began to head towards the infirmary.

His footsteps echoed behind me quickly as we walked around the halls, "Y/n what happened? Your shoulder is sticking out, you're covered in blood and you're apparently upset with me."

I stopped dead in my tracks and entered the nearest empty classroom. As he followed behind I slammed the door, locking it and making the room soundproof with one flick of my wrist. Slowly I turned and looked into his dark black hole eyes, still straight faced no matter how much pain I'm in, "Severus, you don't love me."

"Wh-"

"DON'T ACT SURPRISED! I saw that fucking Patronus! I heard that conversation!"

He stepped closer but quickly halted, "Y/n we discussed this so long ago. I'll never move on from Lily and you'd never move on from Remus. Now let's fix up your poor shoulder."