Inquisitive

Omniscient pov . . .

The two women step off the elevator laughing with Chick-fil-A bags in their hands.

"Wow Novanni you are unintentional funny", Rajaleia said after calming down her laughter.

"Thank you", she said as they both walk down the long hallway to there rooms.

"Hey Novanni", Rajaleia said getting the brown women her attention as they stop at their doors.

"Hm", Novanni said looking at the girl with a soft smile who senegalese now cascade down her back.

"I was wondering could we hang out some time... since we are neighbors and my friends be busy majority of the time and we h-

"I-I'm sorry that I cut you off but you were starting to ramble", Novanni voiced still having that soft smile on her face, which made Rajaleia share a a small smile.

Novanni found the woman's ramble cute it almost made her want to giggle.

"I'm sorry. It's just-

Rajaleia was cut off by the door behind her opening.

"Hey babe. Where you go?", said a tall muscular light skin man appear from the door.

"I just went to the store to buy furniture for the dining and living room", Rajaleia said to him.

"Why you ain't tell me that?", he asked.

"I forgot", Rajaleia voiced.

Truth is she didn't forget. She just didn't want him tagging along.

"Babe you can't forgot to tell me where you gonna be especially this late at night and who took you to get Chick-fil-A?", the tall man ask his girlfriend.

Novanni dislike this man already in span of three minutes. She didn't like the tone he was using as he spoke to Rajaleia. He sounded frustrated.

"It's not even that late James. Chill out", Rajaleia voiced looking at her boyfriend.

"Well come in inside. We gotta talk", he said well more so demanded.

"Ok let me finish talking to my friend", Rajaleia furrowed her eyes in confusion of why he talking like this.

"Alright", He said before closing the door.

"I'm sorry about all that", Rajaleia said turning back to Novanni.

"It's fine", Novanni waved her off.

There was a little silence before they both began to speak.

"You could-

"I thi-

The two women spoke at the same time then let out a chuckle.

"You go ahead", Rajaleia suggested.

"It's okay you can go first", Novanni gesture to the other woman.

"Novanni you spoke first", Rajaleia said, tilting her head to the right.

"I-I was going to say you can call me or shoot me a text sometime whenever you're free", Novanni suggested with a small smile.

"Of course"

"Now what were you gonna say"

"It doesn't matter", Rajaleia said.

Rajaleia raised her free arm since the other is occupied holding her food bag. Novanni look at her in confusion.

"I want a hug", Rajaleia voiced as she shook her hand indicating for Novanni to move closer.

"We could dapped each other up", Novanni suggested.