Get To Know Ya

Continuance

Novanni pov. .

I am so fucking hungry. I can feel myself getting sleepy and I'm starting to feel hot.

"Would you want stop doing business  with us?", Rio ask sitting back in chair, resting his chin on his knuckles as his arm laid on the arm of the chair.

Jones got up and walk to the edge of his desk then lean back on it.

"I want to continue doing bussiness with you but the delivery goes straight to the destination. We aren't doing what we did before", Jones said, more like demand.

"I'm cool with that. When you wan' it", Rio ask.

"I want my money tonight", Jones said looking between Rio and I.

"Done but how we gon' do this?", Rio ask.

"One of yo people drop off the money while my people deliver the truck. Simple"

"Aight. What time?", Rio ask.

"Same time", Jones said then Rio stood up and I did as well.

Jones had his two seats really close to his desk so when I stood up, I was almost directly in front of him.

"Tell me something Novanni", Jones said grabbing by my waist before I could walk off and I rolled my eyes.

Oh lord here we go.

"Jones let her go man. You know she don't like you", Rio chuckle out.

We go through the same shit everytime we see him.

"What does it take for you to be mine", Jones said completely ignoring what my father said.

"Nothing cuz I will neva be yours", I said moving out of his grip, going over to the door with Rio.

"Just wait on it sweet heart", I heard him say.

My dad open the door for me and I walk through as I unbutton my suit jacket, showing my belly button piercing. Rio and I walk back through the warehouse until we reach the door we came through. When we walk outside the sun was starting to set.

Dang we were in there for that long.

I didn't see none of the boys that were hanging around the seven elven, in fact the streets were empty. I walk to the car and soon as I got in it, I instantly start digging for my snacks. It felt like my stomach was touching back.

"Fat ass", I heard Rio say as he got in the car then started up.

"Lemme alone", I said but it came out muffle due the chips that were in my mouth and he just laugh before pulling off.

"Yo know Jones old ass always had crush on you", Rio said to me.

"Oh realllyyyyyy I haven't notice", I said sarcastically and he just laughed at me. "The man is trifling. He's old enough to be my father"

Literally. The man is in his late forties but move and look like in his twenties.

I look over to my dad to see him fidgeting with his fingers while other is steering the wheel.

"What's wrong dad?", I ask then he rub his lips with his fingers before going back to fidgeting.

"It ain't nothing. I'm fine", he said then I seen his eyebrow twitch.

"Stop lying and tell the truth", I deadpanned and I seen him blow out a breath before speaking.

"Listen vanni, you gotta promise not to get mad", he said calling me by my nickname.