Conversation After Conversation

Omniscient POV. . .

*
*
*
*
*

Rajaleia heard the loud outburst coming from Novanni's phone and giggled some as she flipped the bacon over.

"Taj, lower your tone", Novanni voiced, setting up the phone against a candle she had sat out on the table.

"My bad but who you got over there!", He exclaimed looking around Novanni background.

"Nun ya", Novanni answered.

"That's ok. Imma pulled up to yo house", he simply said about to gather his keys.

"I'm not home"

"Damn! Where you at?", Taj said looking at Novanni in disbelief.

"Nun ya"

"Vanni I'm telling everybody about this", He boasted with a grin on his face as he taking a screenshot, sending notification to Novanni's phone that a screenshot has been taken, making Novanni quickly wrap her hands around her neck ignore the slight pain.

"Taj, you better not-

"I will", Taj clarified, letting Novanni know that he will tell the group and her father.

Novanni didn't even bother to put up an argument, he was going to tell them any way unless she threatened that she will not talk him for how ever long but she knew it wasn't that serious. The group nor her father would never know of her secret lover until she is ready and that will be when she's out of the drug dealing business.

"What you call me for fool?", Novanni asked her hands still clasped around her neck.

"I was calling to hang out with you but it seems like you're busy....like you usually are", Taj muttered the last part to himself but Novanni still pick up on it.

"What's that supposed to mean?", Novanni questioned with the tilt of her head.

"Every time I try to hang with you, you always got something to do or you just don't want to", Taj expressed.

"Taj we do hang out sometimes", Novanni stressed.

"No we really don't"

"But we do. At work, at our other job, sometimes at the club", Novanni listed but she was wary that Rajaleia was in the house so she couldn't say warehouse.

"The first two really don't count because we have to be there and the club, our friends literally have to force you to go out with us to have a good time. I want to hang outside of all that and it's not just me who feels this way. Bruno, Ashton, and Megan feel the exact same way", Taj said.

Novanni just shook her head in disbelief. Novanni adorned her friends but she wasn't used to people wanting to be around for long periods of time. She was used to people avoiding her or not talking much to her.

"Taj we do hang out outside those things"

"But I'm talking doing more of that. It's so rare. It's like you are still being distant to us yet I thought we overcome that"