4

😗sorry for any mistakes

Dallas, TxJune 18thMonday

Dallas, Tx
June 18th
Monday

"Nah muffin, you cappin right na'," Khalil said, over the phone as Lai was cleaning her room.

She was off for the rest of the week and kinda bored out her mind. She was so used to going to work so now she was just going random things to keep her attention.

She sucked her teeth, folding her clothes "What I gotta lie for? He is just a football player" She chuckled.

She gave Eli his credit, she looked him up and saw the hype was about him. He was great at what he does and she was proud of him for being so successful and so young as well as black but she wasn't going to do too much about it.

"No, Eli King is the number one draft pick, best rookie in the game right na'. And you were jus kickin it wit' him in cancún like it was nothin'."

She chuckled "It was nothin'. He's still just a normal person to me and that's the homie. I'm not a groupie either." She said, getting up to put her clothes away.

She wasn't a groupie before and wasn't going to be one now. That was her homie and she was going to treat him normally and not different because he has money and is famous.

She was shocked at how humble he was about it and not having a big ego or being arrogant. She thought as well as saw most football players bragging about who they were and talking about how famous they were but Elijah wasn't like that. She liked that about him.

"As you shouldn't, don't be like these lil hoes who would drop their panties jus cause a nigga got money."

She chuckled remembering what she was saying about Odell, she was just playing with Eli cause she saw it was getting on his nerves. Odell was fine but she wouldn't drop her panties for him. But Young Nudy and Key Glock were a different story for a different day.

"I'ma call you later bubs, someone at the door," She said before hanging up. She grabbed her taser pepper spray, just in case. She was home alone at the moment and she didn't know if it would be their creepy neighbor.

She looked out the peephole and relaxed, unlocking the doors. "Hey, Elijah...." She was kinda confused as to why he was here when she opened the door.

"Yurr, you straight?" He asked, walking in and giving her a side hug. She nodded, closing the door and locking it. "Yeah, are you? Why are you here?" She asked, walking towards the living room.

"I couldn't stay in the house any longer or I was gon lose my damn mind" He shook his head. He was currently in offseason and bored out his mind. Usually, he would spend his time with his ex but they were no longer together.