38

😗sorry for any mistakes

1 year later.....

Dallas, TX
September 5th
Friday

"Hellloooo" Lai sung into the phone while driving to her parent's house.

"Loralai Milani almost damn King, I'ma be yo' ass. Where are you and my child" Elijah's voice boomed throughout the car, making her giggle. She looked in the mirror to see Messiah asleep in his car seat.

"We're.... out of the country" She started laughing "Whatchu mean where are we, I told you we were leaving early so I could drop him off with my parents" She shook her head, turning left into her parent's neighborhood.

"Wait... you were serious," He asked, sounding sad. She chuckled "Serious as I could ever be love"

He sucked his teeth "Baby this our wedding, why we gotta be like everyone else and be separated." He complained.

"Because it's tradition papa, we talked about this" She laughed. They have been talking about this and of course, Elijah hated every moment of it.

Lai wanted to do tradition, not seeing the bride or groom for 24 hours. Elijah wanted to do the opposite and sleep under her all night, the normal, clingy person he is.

"Nah cause you got me fucked up, 30 HOURS?! You trippin' fr, bring yo' ass back home" He fussed, she couldn't do anything but laugh at his dramatics. Granted, it was now 9:30 AM and their wedding wasn't until 3:30 PM tomorrow, so she was going over 24 hours but that's what made it more special in her opinion.

"Papa, you're acting like we haven't gone longer than that without seeing each other" She giggled, pulling into her parent's driveway and putting the car in park.

"If you'n love me then just say that"

"I love you soooo much, you know this. You're going to see me tomorrow and have me to yourself for the rest of the week after" She said, texting her dad that she was outside. He hated when she was alone and tried to carry Messiah and his things at the same time.

Elijah dramatically sighed into the phone "I guess. You betta' be on time too. We not startin' a second later than 3:30 on the dot i— Okay I get it papa" She cut him off before he started to go onto his rant.

"I gotta go though, I love youuu" She cooed. "I love you too mugga, don't be showin' yo' black ass eitha' at that lil bachelorette party. I'll strangle—" She hung up on him before he could finish.