Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"My love, are you sure you're alright now?" Tita Nancy asked when she facetimed me.

"Yes, Tita. I'm still having nightmares po, but, yeah, I'm alright now."

It's been weeks since the incident happened. I feel okay but not totally okay. Ipinagpaliban ko muna ang pagpasok ko sa restaurant. The first few weeks of recovering from the incident was hard. But Nick helped all the way through. He's my life vest in this deep and suffocating ocean of my thoughts.

Tita Nancy nodded. "Okay, hija. Pupunta diyan ang kaibigan kong therapist. The one you were consulted with? Remember her?"

"Ah! Yes, Tita. That would be wonderful po. Thank you!"

We began to talk some more. Ibinalita sa akin ni Tita kung ano na ang nangyayari sa restaurant ko sa France. She said that it was manageably handled well by Aling Delia and I'm really happy with that news.

"Nick told me that you two will do grocery shopping. Are you both eating well at the right time, my love?"

I hummed. "Sometimes, I cook for your son, Tita." I giggled. "But it's okay. I understand that he's busy with his duties at the hospital. But when he's not, he cooks for us!"

"Well, that's good! I'm glad Nick's taking good care of you."

After a few more talks, Tita Nancy said goodbye. I stretched my arms and looked through my window. It's not sunny or rainy. I think it's just the right weather for going to the grocery store.

Lumabas ako ng kwarto at natagpuan si Nick na nakaupo sa island counter stool. He's topless again while drinking his coffee. Nagtagpo ang aming mga mata dahilan ng kanyang pagkaubo.

He immediately stood up. "A-Anong nangyari? Are you hurt?" he panicked.

I shook my head, smiling. That calmed him down. "I'm okay now, Nick." I went to the pantry to check our storage foods.

"We'll do grocery shopping later," he was pulling his seat while looking at me.

"Okay!"

Mabilis kaming nakarating sa isang grocery store malapit sa condo. That's the good thing about Nick's condo. It is convenient to other establishments kaya hindi na kami nahihirapang pumunta sa malalayo pang lugar.

Nick was pushing the cart for me. I am now checking the vegetables section. Napabaling na lang ulit ako kay Nick nang marinig ang pagsalpukan ng dalawang cart.

Dali-dali kong pinuntahan si Nick. He just bowed his head to the person who he bumped with. Hinarap ko ang nakabungguan niya at nanlaki ang mata sa nakita.

It was Sylvie! My kindhearted manager back in the cafe. Nagulat din ako nang lumapit ang isang lalaki sa kanya at binigyan siya ng halik sa noo nito. The guy was Ben, my co-worker.

"Nyla?" Sylvie squinted her eyes to check if it was really me.

Bumaling na rin sa amin si Ben at bahagyang nanlaki rin ang mga nito. 

"Nyla!" His deep voice reverberated in the aisles.

Hindi ko mapigilan ang aking ngiti. Lumapit ako sa kanila upang bigyan sila ng yakap. I always knew that they would end up together. They were perfect for each other. 

Kumawala ako sa kanilang yakap. "Kumusta na kayo?"

"Okay lang kami, Nyla," sagot ni Ben saka inakbayan si Sylvie. "Ikaw, kumusta na? We haven't saw or heard from you for years."

"Medyo naging busy lang," I lied because I don't want them to worry. "How's the cafe? Paniguradong sobrang laki na no'n at marami ng branches!"

Sylvie happily nodded. "Oh my gosh! Yes! We operate it now together," she looked at Ben. And I swear, I saw sparkles in their eyes. "You should visit it sometimes."