Part 6

Lisa

When I go to my house in the Hollywood Hills, I dropped my keys on the table by the front door and went straight to the bar. I didn't bother with any ice. I just poured the whiskey into a short glass and shot it into my mouth. Once the back of my throat stopped burning, I drained several more fingers' worth, the fire on my tongue immediately returning.

Goddamn it, tonight hadn't gone the way I'd planned.

Blackmail her?

That wasn't my intention because, before she'd arrived at Lush, never for a fucking second had I thought she wouldn't know who I was. So, what I had been worried about was her flipping her shit on me. Getting the chance to touch her body had never crossed my mind.

Then, things had just gotten worse.

She'd walked out without giving me a chance to explain.

She'd come to her own conclusion, one that could jeopardize all the work I'd put into this deal for Entertainment Management Worldwide. And her theory couldn't be more wrong.

But I couldn't have chased her. Not when there was a chance she'd air her assumptions in front of the entire room, and anyone who might have heard would get the wrong impression. Especially when I already knew half of the goddamn people there.

I had a reputation to uphold in this town.

I wasn't about to fuck that up.

So, I'd let her go, knowing I would handle this in the morning before she got out of town since I highly doubted she'd be coming to my office.

Somehow, I would fix this.

I took out my phone and hit the number that connected me to Mina.

She answered, "Good evening, Ms Manoban."

"I want the name of the hotel that Jennie is staying in and the room number. And I want all of that texted to me by six o'clock tomorrow morning."

"Okay, but—"

I disconnected the call and slammed my phone on the bar top.

Jennie's pussy had tasted so fucking delicious tonight. Her body had felt so good underneath my hands. Her hips had pumped so hard as she rode my goddamn face. The way she had felt when she convulsed around my fingers was perfect.

But none of that mattered.

Because, at this moment, she hated me.

And I needed to change that.

* * *

The following morning, Mina texted me at ten minutes before six, and she sent all the information I'd asked for. The only thing she didn't know was if Jennie was still at the hotel. Her source didn't start her shift until eight, so I'd be blind for the next two hours.

I called Jennie at six.

And then again at seven.

She didn't answer either time, and I didn't leave a voice message. She was likely not going to listen to it, so after I hung up the second time, I opened her last text box, and I began to type.

Me: We need to talk.

Me: At least let me explain myself, Jennie.

Me: If you keep ignoring me, I'm going to come to your hotel.

Jennie: Like I told my attorney last night, all correspondence must now go through him. I won't accept texts, emails, or phone calls from you, your assistant, or your three clients. Please delete my number.

Me: I'll be at your room in fifteen minutes. Answer the goddamn door when I knock.

Jennie: I've already checked out...asshole.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I left my phone on the kitchen counter and walked to the patio before I threw my cell through the goddamn glass door.

When it came to business, I always got what I wanted.

Jennie wasn't letting that happen.

For someone who had given up so much control in that private room, she certainly held on to it everywhere else.

I'd get to her, and I'd get her to listen.

Because, personally, I wasn't done tasting that woman. I wanted so much more of her in my mouth. And the farther she ran, the faster I wanted to chase her.

I was going to.

I just needed to try it a different way.