Part 7

Jennie

This wasmy first day back at work since I'd returned from LA, and for the fifteen minutes I'd been at my desk, I couldn't take my eyes off my phone. More specifically, the last set of texts that I'd exchanged with Lisa the morning after Lush.

She must have thought I was an idiot.

Because an idiot would stay in the same hotel and not immediately check out.

Only an idiot would think it was a coincidence that we were both at the club that night and that she didn't have eyes all over me, tracking my every move.

I'd needed space. Privacy. And I'd needed to lose the tail.

So, I'd rented a house on the other side of the city, and that was where I'd spent the rest of my stay, holed up in a cute villa where I immersed myself in work and several bottles of wine.

Once I'd calmed down, I'd called Jisoo. Initially, she hadn't wanted to tell me anything, as it was betraying client confidentiality. But, after I'd explained everything to her, she'd informed me that Lisa's membership was paid in full the night I saw her at Lush. To gain access so quickly, she had bypassed the typical registration period, and her approval had been expedited. There was a two-year waiting list, so it was unclear how this had happened.

Lisa knew someone. That was the only explanation.

Jisoo just wasn't sure who that someone was.

She'd assured me she would talk to her employees and get to the bottom of it.

But it didn't matter at this point.

Lisa had already seen me naked.

She'd dominated my body.

She'd eaten my pussy.

Our professional relationship was severed with no chance of being repaired.

That wasn't to say I hadn't dated someone who worked with The Agency. Kai was a client of Jin's and had been the whole time we were together. But I didn't work directly with Kai, and I certainly wouldn't have slept with her to get her under contract.

What Lisa had done was premeditated.

She'd wanted to soften me, get me to a place where I'd agree to anything.

Fuck her way into closing this deal.

I despised her for it.

Part of me was mortified enough that I wanted to cancel the whole partnership. Walk away. Pretend as though Jayson, Shane, and Blake had never emailed me.

The other part of me wanted to bury Lisa, to use this experience as fuel and make her pay for her mistake.

Either way, I had to be careful. This wasn't just about me. This was about the four of us, what the partnership could do for our business, our clients, and our future.

I couldn't let Lisa ruin that.

I'd given her control for one evening. Now, it was mine, and she wasn't getting it back.

I lifted my cell phone off my desk and carried it down the hall into Mino's office. Jin and Jimin were already in there, and the three of them were waiting for me.

"Good morning," I said.

"Morning," Jin and Jimin replied.

Mino nodded toward his desk where there was a Styrofoam cup sitting on the end of it. "I grabbed you a coffee."

I stepped through the doorway, took the coffee into my hand, and sat between Jin's and Jimin's chairs.

I hadn't seen my boys in several days. It had been even longer since I hung out with Jimin now that he was living in LA.