Part 13

Jennie

Me: Headed back home?

Lisa: On the plane right now.

Me: Just wanted to let you know, I heard from our attorney. Looks like I'll be coming to LA in a week.

Lisa: I'm going to kidnap you and take you to dinner.

Me: As in a date?

Lisa: I can chain you to the chair and feed you myself if you'd like that better.

Me: Let's skip the food and go straight to the chains.

Lisa: You're opposed to eating.

Me: I'm opposed to going on a date.

Lisa: Because?

Me: You lied to me, Lisa. I haven't forgotten about that. For now, I want things to stay the way they are.

Lisa: You just want to fuck.

Me: Yes, and I want you to give me the best fucking I've ever had.

Lisa: You'll get what you want...for now.

I read Lisa's texts over and over again and smiled.

Even though we'd spent most of last night together, we hadn't discussed anything during our time at Lush besides how good we were both feeling.

Our past was a topic we'd avoided completely.

Had we started hashing out our disagreement before she took me to the private room, things would have gotten heated. And then nothing would have happened between us.

But the second I'd walked into the club, only a few things had mattered.

The loss of control.

Submission.

And finding that release I needed.

Just because we'd fucked didn't mean I'd gotten over Lisa lying to me or that she'd told me to come to LA so that she could persuade me into settling.

That was just dirty.

That was also why I wanted to keep things right where they were.

I didn't trust her outside of Lush.

But I loved what she did to my body, the way she provided so much after-care. I loved the way he fucked me, the way that deliciously large cock could reach the end of me and find spots most men couldn't. And I loved how I felt safe even when she was hurting me, and how when it was time to leave I didn't want to go.

Me: I'm excited to find out what you have planned.

Lisa: Is your pussy sore today?

Me: A little.

Lisa: Can I be rougher next time?

Me: Yes.

Lisa: Then, plan on not being able to walk.

Me: Mmm. I like the sound of that.

I tucked my phone under my fingers and walked down the hall toward Mino's office. "Hey," I said as I got to the doorway.

He looked up from his computer and waved his hand in the air. "Come in."

As I was moving over to the chair in front of his desk, Jin came in behind me.

He sat next to me and said, "Morning, guys."

"Morning," I replied.

I reached for Mino's office phone. I turned it around to face me, and then I hit the preprogrammed button that would call Jimin's cell. Now that he was based in LA, this was how we conducted most of our meetings. Once it began to ring, I hit Speaker and leaned back in my chair.

"What's up, guys?" Jimin said as he answered.

"Hey, Jim," I said. I waited for the other guys to respond before I continued, "I know we only have a few minutes to chat, so I'll be quick. I spoke to our attorney this morning, and Entertainment Management Worldwide has agreed to our terms. They're ready to close, and they want us to fly to LA in a week to sign the paperwork."

"Hell fucking yes," Jin said.

I felt Mino's eyes on me when he commented, "Fuck yeah. I was wondering if this was ever going to go through. I'm so fucking happy we got what we wanted."

"Great news, Jennie," Jimin said. "I couldn't be more fucking pleased."

I was happy the guys were excited that we'd finally come to an agreement.

"I've checked all of your schedules," I told them. "The three of you are supposed to be on the road that day, so it's going to take some rearranging. You'll need to talk to your assistants and get them to start reworking your appointments."

"I'm all over it," Mino answered.

"Me, too," Jimin said.

"Man, once the papers are signed, there's going to be a hell of a lot of work to do," Jin said. "We have two LA offices we need to merge."

I looked at Jin and said, "Plus, a location in Manhattan that now needs to be staffed with agents."

"So, you're saying this is a bad time to tell you that I'm going to Italy for two weeks?" Jimin asked.

Everyone in this room laughed.

"You're not going anywhere," I told him. "At least, not until we figure out the logistics of this. Then, I'm sure I can come to LA and take over while you're gone."

"God, she's a hard-ass," Jimin said.

This time, I grinned and said, "The hard-ass is hanging up. Talk to you later, Jim."

"Congratulations, you fuckers," Jimin said before Mino ended the call.

"It's finally happened," Jin said, standing from his seat, his expression telling me it had all suddenly kicked in. He moved to the doorway and held on to the frame while he looked back at us. "Lunch today to celebrate?"

"I think I can swing that," Mino said.

"Me, too," I agreed.

Jin left and shut the office door behind him.

As I started to get up, Mino said, "Sit."

I wasn't surprised by his command. I just didn't take orders well when I wasn't inside Lush. "I'm sitting."

"Will you tell me what you had to do to get this deal done?"

I thought about his question and considered it. And then I promptly decided against it. "One day, I'll tell you everything but not today."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "You used to tell me everything. When did that change?"

"Definitely not everything." My voice softened. "Like I never tell you about the people I date."

"Why don't you?"

I smiled and stood, this time making it all the way to my feet. "Because my stories would have to come with body armor."

"You're saying, I have an anger problem?"

None of the guys did.

But we were from Boston.

We had pride.

We believed in taking care of what was ours.

And, where we were from, the bond between friends was as thick as family.

"I'm saying, you're protective; that's all."

As I walked to the door, he said, "Jennie." When I looked over my shoulder, he added, "I'm still worried about you."

"Don't be. I'm fine."

"You said that last time."

He was right.

I smiled, and it felt so good. "But, this time, I really mean it."