Part 18

Jennie

It was just a coincidence that Jimin happened to be in Miami this week. Still, I couldn't have planned it more perfectly. This was a conversation I needed to have face-to-face while all three of my boys were present. Knowing their schedules were extremely tight, almost every minute of the day accounted for, I carved out a thirty-minute window for the four of us to meet.

When it was time, I walked down the hall and knocked on Mino's door, letting myself in. The three guys were already in there with an empty seat between Jimin and Jin.

"You guys are never this punctual," I told them as I went in and sat down. "Especially you, Jimin."

"Since we know something's up with you, we all came in here early to talk shit and try to figure out what the fuck you're going to tell us," Jimin said.

I turned to my right to look at him. "Are you serious?"

He laughed. "Hell no. We're discussing Manhattan and how much work that's going to take, and we're deciding who's going to go up there to conduct the first round of interviews."

"Not me," I told them.

"I've been elected," Jin said. "It'll be over summer break, so Nayeon and Hank will come, and we'll spend a month or so up there."

Nayeon was Jin's wife, and Hank was their seven-year-old daughter. During the school year, the girls couldn't travel with him that much, and Jin hated it.

The room turned quiet, and I could feel all of their eyes on me.

When I realized I was staring at my hands, I looked up and met Mino' gaze.

"What's going on, Jennie?"

The only way I knew how to address this was to put it right out there, so I said, "What would you guys say if I told you I wanted to move back to LA?"

"You'd better not be telling us that you're leaving The Agency," Jimin said.

My head shot to the right. "Leaving? No. I just mean, working out of LA instead of Miami."

"Jesus Christ," he groaned, wrapping his arm around my neck and pulling me close to kiss the top of my head. "I think you just gave everyone a heart attack."

Mino pushed away from his desk and leaned back in his chair. I could see the relief in his face, too. "Now that I know you're not leaving The Agency, I've got no issues with you moving out west. I'll just miss you like hell."

Being away from him and Jin was going to be so hard. We'd lived within five minutes of each other for our entire lives. So, living on opposite sides of the country was definitely going to take some getting used to. And it would require monthly visits at least.

"I'm excited as fuck that I'll have you out in LA with me," Jimin said.

I looked at Jin, as he was the only one who hadn't responded.

His eyes locked with mine. "I'm assuming this move has something to do with Lisa."

And there it was.

The giant elephant in the room.

"Why would you think that?" I asked him, although I was addressing all three since I knew they were thinking the same thing.

"Jesus, Jennie," Mino said. "When it comes to you, you just tap right into us; you suck out all the details and then offer mouthfuls of unsolicited advice. But the second one of us tries to tap into you, you act like you don't speak fucking English."

My head tilted back as a laugh burst through my lips.

I couldn't help it.

He was right, and everyone in this room knew it.

"Guilty," I said when I stopped laughing enough to speak.

"You must think we're fucking idiots," Jimin said. "That the three of us can't read a her expression when she's looking across the table at a girl she just secretly fucked."

My hand went over my mouth after I said, "Jim..."

I wanted to melt into this chair.

When it came to me, these weren't things we talked about.

"I know I'm not wrong," he added. "So, just admit things are going well with her and that she's weighing on your decision."

I looked at Mino and Jin to say something.

They said nothing, although I was sure they agreed with Jimin.

"For the last few months, I've been thinking about going back to LA. That office needs me more than Miami does, and I need it for me. But, yes, Liaa has helped with my decision. Spending more time with her will certainly benefit our relationship."

"Relationship, huh?" Mino said.

We hadn't named what we had together, but it felt like a relationship, and it was what we both wanted.

I shrugged as a smile tugged at my mouth. "she's perfect for me."

"She seems like it," Jimin said.

"It's nice to finally hear you admit it," Jin said.

"Don't get excited," I told all three. "You're getting no other information out of me. Ever. This was a one-shot deal."

"I don't think we can handle any more," Jimin said. "Telling the girl who's like a sister to you about the women you fuck is one thing, but hearing about the guys your sister fucks is just wrong."

"On so many levels," Jin said.

As I was shifting in my chair, recrossing my legs, Mino called out, "Hey." I glanced at him. "I'm proud of you."

"Why?"

"You learned from each of our mistakes, and I get the feeling you're handling this one differently than Kai," Mino replied.

"I am," I admitted. "But Lisa and I are so much more compatible."

"It's a good thing you're not waiting two years to live closer to her," Jimim said. "It gives your relationship a stronger chance, which you had to have learned from me."

"You haven't gotten pregnant; therefore, I'd say you learned something from me," Jin said.

I looked at Mino. His journey with Somi, a Korean actress, had been quite a rocky one, and a lot of it had happened in the public eye, especially because he was her agent.

I hadn't learned relationship advice from him.

What I'd learned was how to be a better human and friend.

All three had taught me that.

Mino leaned forward in his chair, resting his arms over the desk as he said, "We love you, and we only want you to be happy. But just let Lisa know, if she hurts you in any way, we're going to kick her fucking ass." His lips then moved into a smile, and he winked.