Part 10

Lisa

I walked down the sidewalk and stopped when my body was only a few inches from Jennie's. I expected her to immediately push me away, but she stood still with a stunned expression on her face.

"We need to talk," I told her.

The shock finally left her, and she took several steps back, putting distance between us. "You came all the way across the country to tell me that?"

"You hung up on me. You gave me no other choice."

"That's because I have nothing to say to you, and I still don't. So, go back to where you came from, Lisa—"

"You need to let me explain myself."

She shook her head. "Nope, not interested."

She turned back toward the door. When she took a step, I grabbed her wrist and stopped her from moving.

"Just hear me out, Jennie. Ten minutes of your time. Once I'm done, you can kick me out."

"Miss Kim," the doorman said, "if this women is bothering you, I'll call the police."

"Everything is fine," she told him. Then, she glanced over her shoulder and glared at me. "You think I'm going to let you inside my condo?"

"Yes."

"You're fucking crazy."

She should have been an attorney. She was more ruthless than half of the fucking lawyers at my firm.

"Jennie, I came almost three thousand miles to have a conversation with you. All I'm asking is that you give me a chance to explain myself. You don't have to forgive me or stop hating me; you just have to give me your attention for a short period of time."

She said nothing; she also hadn't pulled her hand out of my grasp.

"If you're more comfortable with talking down here, that's fine, but I don't think you want anyone hearing those kinds of details." I could tell she was thinking about it and was on the verge of responding, so I added, "I'll leave right after. You have my word."

"Your word means shit."

I threw my hand in the air. "Then, have security wait outside the door if that makes you feel better."

Her eyes squinted as she studied me. "Ten minutes."

I nodded. "That's all I want."

I released her wrist and followed her inside to the elevator. Once it opened, we walked in, and she waved a fob over a small black reader before she hit the PH button.

The penthouse.

I'd expected nothing less from Jennie Kim.

She didn't say a word the entire ride and kept her focus on the door.

Mine was on her.

God, she looked fucking gorgeous tonight. She was dressed in a suit and had taken the jacket off, hanging it over her arm. The shirt hugged the curves of her body and the roundness of her tits. The pants were fitted, and that heart-shaped ass was taunting me.

If she hadn't looked at me so seriously and with so much disgust, I would have hit the Stop button on the elevator, held her against the wall, and fucked her until she screamed.

But that wasn't even an option.

Still, it felt good as hell to just be around her again.

When the door opened, I saw that we were directly inside her condo. She led me through a foyer and a massive open space that was several rooms combined into one. It was impressive as hell. So were the wall of windows that overlooked downtown, a sight that hit you the second you walked into the room.