Part 9

Jennie

"What a dick,"I said as I hung up on Lisa and dropped the phone on my desk.

That women really had some nerve to tell me I was wrong, that I needed to listen, and then start demanding things from me. She'd lost that privilege the second she manipulated me into believing her name was Pranpriya and brought me into the private room to blackmail me.

If she explained her reasoning, it would only cause me to hate her more.

The thing that pissed me off the most was that Lisa was extremely attractive, she had the most talented tongue, and her hands knew how to hurt me just right. While I'd stood with her at the bar at Lush, I'd considered coming back the following evening just to see her again.

She was that good.

That attentive.

That enticing.

Now, the thought of her made my skin crawl.

I sighed, ignoring the screen of my phone as it lit up with different messages, and I turned toward my computer. I wasn't even through the first email when there was a knock at my door.

"Yes?" I called out.

The handle jiggled. Whoever it was, was trying to get in and couldn't with the door locked.

"It's Mino," the knocker said.

He would have called from his office if he wanted something quick.

Therefore, I knew this was going to be a long conversation.

I walked over to the door and unlocked it, so he could come in.

He shut it behind him and followed me over to my desk where he took a seat in front of me. "You know why I'm here."

I appreciated him getting straight to the point. There was nothing worse than small talk when there was a motive behind it.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Were you elected, or did you draw straws?"

His grin was small but warm. "We didn't think you'd like all three of us coming in here to question you."

"You thought correctly."

Mino certainly wasn't the softest of the three guys. That would be Jin. But I understood why Mino had been chosen. He had a way with words, and he was the smoothest. And, even though I was very close to Jimin and Jin, Mino and I always had a little stronger connection.

"What the hell is going on with you, Jennie?"

My thumb pressed against the side of my mouth, and I chewed the skin around my nail. "My meeting with Lisa didn't go the way I'd intended."

His brows rose. "Explain."

I couldn't be honest with him. There was just no way. If I were, I feared all three of my boys would be on our plane, heading for LA, and it wouldn't be pretty. What Lisa had done was wrong on so many levels, but ratting her out wasn't my style.

This was my problem, not theirs.

"Things didn't exactly stay professional," I told him.

His leg crossed, his shoe resting on his other thigh. "Is this going to fuck up the deal?"

I'd been asking myself the same question since I left Lush.

"Mino, I honestly don't know."

I watched him process what I'd just said.

"How did you leave things with her?"

I shook my head. "Not in a good way."

I could tell there were more questions he wanted to ask. Before he went there, I needed to redirect. The last person I wanted to protect was Lisa, but I feared Mino was taking my side, and I didn't want there to be animosity if we were all in a conference room together.