Chapter 19

The connecting door opened and Lord Advent walked in looking impeccable as usual.

'Good morning. I was just about to wake you,' he said and walked over to Emma.

Emma's mind was frantic. She was doubtful of how good his memory of the previous night would be. What if he never remembered anything! Would she have to explain why he woke up next to her? Would he remember everything and reject her? Could she live with that?

Her body and mind froze as he pulled her into a hug.

'Emma, I am sorry. I am sorry that I hurt you.'

He pulled away a little to look at her. 'Will you forgive me?'

Her throat constricted. Maybe all this was just a really long dream.

'Mrs. Emma Advent, I am sober now. Can I kiss you?'

She blushed, did he really expect her to answer? He waited patiently, his eyes never leaving hers. She gave the barest nod, it was enough for him.

He slowly bent down, his eyes now on her lips. She gasped and covered her mouth.

'I haven't brushed, yet!' she said, feeling mortified.

He chuckled and kissed her fingers covering the lips before letting her go.

Emma was disappointed to find Mary waiting to help her dress. Emma was nervous the whole time knowing Lord Advent was just beyond the connecting door, waiting for her.

'You look lovely,' complimented Lord Advent, making Emma blush.

'Thank you.'

He offered his hand, which she took shyly as they walked to the wedding hall. He kept glancing at her, making her stomach flip each time.

'Stop blushing, makes me want to kiss you,' he whispered, which promptly made her blush even more.

The music started and Frances walked the aisle. Lord Advent slipped his finger in hers. Emma's heart did a double-take. She could concentrate on nothing but his warm hands on hers and his frequent, lingering hot gaze.

Everyone clapped, the wedding was over. Lord Advent was bowing to Emma for a dance. They danced, their gaze never leaving. In their world, nothing existed except for each other.

The wedding party was in full swing. Emma and Lord Advent decided to leave the noisy festivities and walked through the garden, hand in hand.

'This would do,' muttered Lord Advent as they strolled through a garden-arch covered with flowery creepers.

Before Emma could ask him what would do, he pulled her closer, crushing his lips to hers. He devoured her. She could feel his frustration, guilt and undeniable desire. He took her hands and placed them on his shoulders. Then he wrapped one hand around her waist and the other behind her head pulling closer.

Her legs grew weak, as she clung to him for support. He was almost carrying her, just the tip of her toes touching the ground. He held nothing back, he kissed her as if he would die if he let her go.

He slowly nudged her lips with his tongue. She opened her mouth, allowing him. He tasted divine, she slowly started moving her lips mimicking his actions. She could feel him smile through the kiss.

He broke apart only to pick her up in his arms.

'Lord Advent,' she squealed.

He just ignored her and walked towards their chamber.

'Lord Advent, please put me down.'

He looked at her, his strides never faltering, 'No.'

'Someone might see us!'

'Let them. I don't care, you are my wife.'

She blushed deep red and covered her face feeling extremely shy. She didn't know how Lord Advent managed to open the door while still carrying her. But soon he lowered her to the bed and climbed in.

Hovered over, he moaned 'Emma' and kissed her. This kiss was different from the previous. It was slow, sweet and hesitant. A kiss that would melt a girl's heart.

He slowly trailed kisses down her neck. He turned her around, his mouth never leaving. Kissing the back of her neck, he started working on her buttons.

He let out a frustrated growl when he had to break apart to unbutton. The dress had thirty-six cloth-covered buttons. Lord Advent's patience ran out as he reached the fifth button. He cursed loudly, earning a giggle from Emma. The unfortunate dress didn't survive as he tore it up sending the buttons flying in all directions. He divested his shirt and the breeches.

His hands and mouth were everywhere. He worshipped every inch of her. Emma felt her temperature rising.

'Lord Advent,' she moaned, not able to withstand his expert manoeuvres. She was climbing great heights. She felt great pleasure building in her.

'Nicholas,' he rasped, 'call me Nicholas.'

'Nicholas!' She half-screamed and half-moaned as she shattered.

'Emma!' moaned Lord Advent and followed suit.

'Emma, what is wrong? Why are you crying? Did I hurt you?' Lord Advent asked, wiping her tears.

'No, everything is perfect.'

He pulled her closer and kissed the tears away.

'I don't want to go back, I like having you for myself,' she confessed. He kissed her and showed how much he liked having her to himself as well.