Epilogue

Nicholas paced the corridor with worry written all over his face. He heard Emma give a painful grunt, again. God! He wished he could take the pain and bear it for her.

'She will be alright. She is strong like her mother,' said Captain Zennor.

Emma has been in labour for more than seven hours. Her gasps and grunts were growing weaker. He wished he could be with her. Suddenly, the quiet was filled with the loud cry of the baby.

Lady Martha Paulen came out after some time carrying a sleeping baby swaddled in white cloth.

'Congratulations Lord Advent, your first son.'

Nicholas held his son in his arms, his eyes tearing up.

'Can I see her?'

He had to wait till the doctors cleaned Emma up. He carried the baby inside. Emma was lying in a fresh bed looking tired. Nicholas bent down and kissed her forehead, as words failed him. He placed his sleeping son gingerly near her.

'Junior,' she mumbled softly.

'What did you say?'

'I want to name him after you. Nicholas Junior.'

Nicholas didn't believe he could love Emma more, but at that moment he knew he could.

Hi there are a few unanswered questions in With Love Emma.

Why does Amelia hate Lord Nicholas, even though he is a good father?

What happens to Elana? Did she ever get to meet her daughter?

In Star crossed (Story for Amelia) I will cover the first question. And I promise there will be a short story for Elana too.