Spin-off: Star crossed

Antony and Amelia left silently not wanting to disturb Emma and Nicholas. Antony wanted to give the couple some alone time after being kidnapped and learning about Emma's pregnancy. Amelia, on the other hand, wanted to leave not wanting to see their affection any longer.

Antony left the pistol and a horse behind just in case of any emergency until he returned with a carriage to fetch them. That left Antony and Amelia with a single horse to get back.

'As I said, I am not riding with you,' said Amelia.

'Fine as you wish, you could walk all the way back.'

'Or you could be a gentleman, offer me your horse, and run along.'

'Amelia, let's establish that I am no gentleman. And in the future, if you want a favour, you say please.'

Antony was gentleman enough to walk beside her, but not foolish enough to offer her the horse. Amelia was acting out and she needed to know her place.

'Why are you being spiteful towards Emma?'

'That is none of your concern.'

'Does this make you happy? Being spiteful and lashing out all the time?'

'Yes, immensely.'

'Does acting ungentlemanly to me make you happy?' she countered.

"Yes, immensely. I am no saint and you don't deserve my kindness.'

They were silent for some time.

'I feel sorry for the woman you are going to marry,' said Amelia.

Antony chuckled, 'You don't have to. I am a perfect gentleman to Lady Matilda. But in fact...' he stopped.

'In fact, what? Are you going to retort and say that you feel sorry for the man unfortunate enough to marry me?'

'No, I don't feel sorry for the man you will marry one day.'

'Why not?' asked Amelia in surprise.

'I feel sorry for you even more.'

Amelia glared at Antony before increasing her pace. Nothing had disturbed her more than that last statement. She didn't want anyone to feel sorry for her.

AN: Would you like this unlikely pairing? Every women's sweet heart Antony with Spiteful Amelia.