Chapter 31

Today is definitely not my lucky day.

First the DR that ended in an argument and now I'm forced to keep smiling as I watch my fiancé's ex strolling through a party she shouldn't be at.

'What is she doing here?' I whisper to Steve.

- I have no idea.

Hope comes to my side and touches my arm with an alarmed expression.

“I told Mom it wouldn't be good to invite the Carters, but Mom said it wouldn't be okay not to invite them since all their old friends are here today. Sorry, Nat.

Right. She was right. Sharon Carter and her gang were part of the Rogers family long before I came along. And today was their party, I couldn't demand that Sharon Carter be kicked out (preferably kicked, or with the dogs barking behind her).

“Fine, I don't mind,” I lie blatantly and Steve raises an eyebrow at me. - Really!

"Oh, look who's here!" Nancy, isn't it? I turn to hear Sharon's disdainful voice and there she is, her smile full of perfect teeth, sizing me up with an arrogant expression.

Cow!

“It's Natasha,” Steve corrects. "How are you, Sharon?"

- I'm great and you? Her gaze suddenly locks onto my hand on Steve's arm. Good thing I got my nails done. "Where's the ring? Finished?"

Oh shit. I knew I was forgetting something. The thing is, since I had to lie to everyone in the office, I hid the
ring in my jewelry box and I didn't remember to bring it.

“I took him in for a little adjustment.” Steve lies for me and Sharon's happy smile fades a little.

“So, as you can see, we're more engaged than ever. I cling my arms to Steve more. “Now, if you'll excuse us, Steve and I have to roam around, maybe have sex in some empty room. Have a good time! "And I pull him away from that self-serving snake before it can try to pounce."

"Are we going to have sex in some empty room?" Steve speculates, amused.

- No! But she will think so!

"Is that how you're not caring about Sharon?"

I turn to him.

"Does she tell me how she would feel if she arrived at my parents' house and saw one of my exes there, having dinner with them?"

Steve frowns.

— Well, it hurts, doesn't it? So, what would you do?

“I would be pissed. And he would feel sorry for the poor thing who had to eat his mother's cooking.

I try to stop my laughter, but I can't.

“That's not the point…” Before I can finish, he cups my face and kisses me.

“Forget Sharon. She's only here because her parents were invited.

"It's just weird to think she'll always be around when we come!" I express my greatest fear.

“I'm going to talk to my parents, okay? satisfied?

"Are we negotiating concessions again?" — I touch your tie. “I still haven't forgotten that I'm mad at you.

He holds my hand and kisses the palm.

“We can have a truce. Just for today? And come back to the subject later?

- After when? “He better not think he's going to wind me up like he always tries to do. I do not intend to let this matter pass.

“After the party, okay?