Chapter 101

Steve goes into the living room to open the door for that perfect secretary, but Penelope disobeys again, as she is pulling a blonde girl towards her dollhouse.

"Penelope, I told you you can't open the door to strangers."

“It's not a stranger, it's Peggy,” Steve says.

The girl turns, her beautiful light curls dancing around an angelic face with sweet brown eyes, and smiles with adorable dimples.

“Hi, Steve. Your daughter is beautiful!

- I'm beautiful yes! Penelope agrees.

Yes, I am teaching my daughter to have good self-esteem and know how to accept compliments well.

— And you must be Natasha. - The girl smiles at me. But I can't return the smile, because I'm busy sizing her up from head to toe with alarms of "What the fuck?" screaming in my head.

So this is Peggy, Steve's new secretary? This... perfect creature, with a cute smile, blond hair in neat curls, framing a face that looks like it was drawn by some Disney cartoon creator? It's like she stepped straight out of some princess cartoon. And she wears a pale pink dress more appropriate for a fifties movie picnic, but one that hints at a nice cleavage and a tiny waist. Yes, the little princess is hot too.

“Yes, Peggy, this is Natasha, my wife.

- Great pleasure. I was looking forward to meeting her.

"And I didn't even know I was going to meet you... Peggy... Parker Bowles?" I hiss mockingly and the girl responds with a confused look.

"Parker Bowles as the new queen?" - She smile.

“No, but it's Camilla Margaret Parker. Almost. — Blink.

— Natasha, Peggy came to clear up some work that's overdue.

“But today is Saturday, Steve!

I can't help my voice rising to several decibels and Steve notices and grabs my arm.

“Peggy, make yourself comfortable. I will be back in a moment.

And he drags me into the kitchen.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Preventing you throwing one of your tantrums in front of my secretary and scaring her."

"Poor Disney princess!"

“Disney princess?

"You must have noticed that she looks like a live-action Cinderella!"

Steve laughs.

I don't find it funny.

"Where did this girl come from?" From Andalasia?

“Where did all the others, which were not suitable, come from. I checked her resume, interviewed her and hired her. Peggy speaks five languages. Her father was a diplomat and her mother was a Danish countess.

"Oh, for God's sake!"

“She studied at Cambridge, and has excellent references.

“As perfect as that and you're a secretary, it doesn't make sense.

“We all have to start somewhere and as a secretary, she can learn a lot. And let me tell you, she is very competent. I doubted she could have anyone more efficient than Wanda, but I was wrong. And, unlike Wanda, she is very docile, good-natured. She's always smiling and... it's nice to have someone like that around. Peggy is adorable.

“My goodness, Steve! If she's so cute like that, how will she put up with you? Or how are you going to put up with her, being a gruff and bossy ogre?

— I was surprised too! But having someone calm and sweet by my side is doing me good. I think it calms me down and makes me more... happy. Maybe I'll even stop being an ogre. Peggy is making me see that to be efficient I don't have to be bossy all the time. Now let me go to work, we have a lot to do.

He leaves the room. And I follow, still apoplectic from everything Steve said. And I'm surprised to see Peggy crouched with Penelope by the dollhouse while my daughter rips open some packages.

"Look Mom, Peggy brought me these gifts!" Is it jewelry? I like jewelry!

Peggy laughs.

“No, but it's a princess dress.

"A princess dress!" I love tweezers! - Penelope jumps happily.

— Oh how original, another princess dress...

Penelope is at that age where she loves Disney princesses and collects a lot of dresses. At first, I thought it was cute and even bought several, but now I'm sick of it.

"Look, there's even a tiara!" - Peggy removes the bow from the package and adjusts it in Penelope's hair.

"I'm a princess!" Like you!

“Oh, I'd like to, but I'm not a princess.

"Yes, she's pretty as a princess."

“Penelope, leave Peggy alone. I step closer, starting to get annoyed. “Peggy came to work with Dad. On a Saturday. Poor thing. It must really be Cinderella.

- I don't mind. I am loving my job at DBS. Steve is amazing and is teaching me a lot. It's an honor to work with someone like him.

"Are you Cinderella?" Penelope asks with wide eyes.

— No, I'm not, but I confess that I would love a prince to take me to a castle. Peggy winks at the girl.

"Who doesn't, right?" — mockery. “But sometimes all you get is a workaholic CEO.

“I wouldn't complain,” Peggy says.

What? Did I hear right? But the girl continues to smile, as if she hasn't said anything else as she gets to her feet.

“Let's go to the office, Peggy,” Steve calls after her.— Bye, Penelope. You are a beautiful little princess.

"Listen Mum, Cinderella said I'm a pretty little princess!" Penelope bounces happily in her tiara, but I keep my gaze suspiciously on Peggy as Steve follows behind them as he closes the office door behind them.

What the hell, is he smitten with the nice new secretary? Even my daughter is!