Chapter 47

“Now I know why you were wrong, Steve! I was looking at the old schedule, I sent you an update!

— Why do you have to scream? Steve grumbles, barely opening his eyes.

He's been lying on the bed on his stomach next to me since we left the bathroom and I confess I don't even know how long it's been. I wanted to wake him up so that we could proceed with our fantastic itinerary, but I decided to be a little considerate, as I had traveled several hours to get there.

So to pass the time I was digging through his cell phone.

And it was very innocently. I wasn't one of those people who kept digging through her husband's cell phone to catch possible slips. Of course not.

Not least because Steve must have known what happened when he got ready with me. Every now and then I would remind him of what happened to the tires on his car, crushed by my fury.

— Are you using my cell phone? He opens his eyes for good now.

- Yes, any problem? Do you have something to hide?…” I smile. I wasn't really doing anything much, just using the internet to find where the best macaron in town was sold, because I was dying to try it. But it was fun to infuriate Steve. — Let's see who called you here… — I put it in the last calls and there's a… Sophia?

I swivel my head toward Steve as fast as a cartoon.

– Who is Sophia?

Steve sits down, snatching the cell phone from my hand.

- My lover.

“Steve…” I growl and he laughs pulling my face down and placing a smack kiss on my mouth, before releasing me and returning his attention to the phone.

"That's it, kidding!" You know I know many ways to murder a husband, don't you?

“Sophia is Henry's girlfriend.

"Henry, your friend from school?" Didn't know he had a girlfriend, he was alone at his parents' house party...

'Some things happened... I'm not really into it, Henry's been a little weird lately. And we didn't even have time to talk...

“Why would she call you? Is she your friend too?

- Of course yes. He drops the phone and hugs me, turning me around until we're lying down. "Now tell me, Ms. Rogers, what's on your Valentine's night travel itinerary?"

“Actually, we were going to have dinner at a very trendy restaurant…” I wrap my arms around his neck.

— Would we? He smiles coming over to me.

“Now I think we need to make up for lost time, and then order room service.

“It's the best idea of ​​the day. “He kisses me and I have to agree.

I really have the best ideas!

I think it's already clear who's boss in this relationship, isn't it?

“So happy Valentine's Day, Ms. Rogers…” he whispers in my ear and I sigh.

Best Valentine's Day ever!