Chapter 44

I still can't believe I'm married to Steve Rogers.

Holy. Shit!

How can I still be there, smiling amidst the sumptuous and unexpected party the Rogers threw in record time in my front yard, when I want to run across the snow-covered meadows screaming that I'm now married to the most wonderful man in the world?

Yes, Steve Rogers is not an impossible crush, the unattainable CEO who didn't even know I existed. And not even my fake fiancé anymore.

Steve Rogers is my husband!

Dreams come true, yes!

I think I might even write a book about it. Yes, I will write my love story with Steve Rogers and I will be a New York Times bestselling writer! Suddenly, I can even place some bids
sadomasochism in the middle, then I'll be as famous as that author of the red room of pain book.

My God, Hollywood is going to buy the rights to my book and make a movie!

And who would embody Steve and me? Are Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans available?

I can even imagine us on the red carpet at the Oscars!

“Natasha, why didn't you tell us the real story? Hope brings me back to reality by nudging me and laughing. - I still can't believe I fell.
in that cheerleader and cubit bone thing! Well, Scott tried to warn me that there was something strange about all this!

"I couldn't tell you it was a fake engagement!"

"I found your story far more surprising and romantic than the cubit bone story!" Florence says.

- Natasha, you look wonderful! - Rachel approaches and beside her are some co-workers.

Yeah, Steve invited everyone to the wedding, and honestly, if this was how he believed we were going to get out of the spotlight at DBS, he was delusional.

I just hope that Barbara and the other shareholders, who are also at the wedding and are now holding their respective glasses of champagne while talking to Steve across the garden, will forgive us and not fire us.

I don't even want to think about having to send CVs again, I'm very passionate about my work.

I already foresee a very successful career ahead.

I can even imagine myself and Steve as the most successful couple in London! We will be Brangelina of the corporate world! Who knows, we might even adopt a Vietnamese orphan?

Do not wait. Brangelina divorced. Best not.

“You really look beautiful,” Alan compliments me and I smile a little awkwardly. Though maybe I shouldn't worry about your crush, since Hill is hanging on to your arm. Well, it seems that soon we would have another couple shaking the files around the company.

"So, who's going to take part in the bet?" Benjamin asks, showing his cell phone.

— What bet? – Wanda asks, curious.

She's wearing black as usual. I even apologized to her earlier, telling her the truth about the moans in Steve's office. She didn't get mad. Or it seemed not. However, during the party I caught her staring at me from afar with a strange look and I could only imagine that she was thinking about taking me to lunch at the cemetery again, and this time it would leave me trapped in some mausoleum for eternity.

“We've got a lot of bets going on,” Benjamin explains. “When are you and Steve going to get divorced…

- How absurd! — I complain.

“There are those who speculate when you're going to get pregnant.

'Another nonsense!' Seriously, people, you should stop with these bets and avoid gossip, no more confusion!