Chapter 57

Natasha

I'm so excited when I walk into the hospital and so excited to finally see how my baby is doing in my belly.

Every morning, I stood in front of the mirror, checking my belly to see if it had grown, which made Steve laugh in my face.

"Natasha, there's nothing there yet!" I think it will take a couple of months to show up.

"I know, but I'm so excited!" I really want to know how it goes!
I'm sure I'll be like Kate Middleton, an elegant pregnant woman!

Yes, I was sure my pregnancy would be amazing!

“You arrived a little early,” the receptionist says with a polite smile. “Your exam is scheduled for an hour from now.

- I know! But I was afraid of getting into a traffic jam, you know how London is this time of the morning.

Okay, it's a lie. The hospital is ten minutes from Steve's apartment in Chelsea.

I mean, our apartment.

It's hard for me to still think of Steve's apartment as my home. Maybe because it was his house before he met me. Maybe we need a place that was ours.

Yes, we can buy a new apartment!

Oh my God, I would love to renovate it. Would the “Brothers to the Work” come from the United States to make the baby's room with an open concept?

Oh gosh, the baby's room!

I need to think about this urgently! Nine months is a very short time and...

- Madam? — the receptionist catches my eye, and I snap back to reality.

— Sorry, I got distracted.

“I said you can wait in the room on the right.

- It's all right. Thanks.

I walk to the waiting room while checking my cell phone to see if Steve texted that he was on his way.

He had let me know that morning that he did have a work commitment.

"I can't believe you're not going with me!" I complained as he prepared to go to work.

Steve didn't seem affected by my irritation as he continued adjusting his tie in the mirror.

"I didn't say I'm not going with you!" I have a meeting with some suppliers this morning and as soon as I get out of there, I'll meet you at the hospital, okay? It will take time.

“I should have asked my mom to come with me if she'd known she was going to keep putting me in second place!

"I doubt you would call your mother!" I can already imagine Melina doing some crazy dance as she chants to the goddess and throws incense smoke in everyone's faces in the waiting room. - He laughed.

Yes, he was right.

Mom was really quite capable of doing that.

"So are we done?" Meet you at the hospital in two hours, right?

“Okay,” I agreed with dismay, because I knew there was no point in arguing with Steve when it came to his precious work.

Now, I just hope he gets out of this meeting in time.

I enter the elegant waiting room and there are several women seated, waiting.

I smile, very excited, sitting down on one of the sofas.

Oh, this is all so amazing!

Giving birth to a baby is a magical and once-in-a-lifetime experience for a woman.