Capítulo 87

Steve

- Amnesia? I repeat what the doctor just told me.

Should I feel relieved? I thought after all the exams and weird questions like "what year are we in?" he was going to say something that made sense and I could go back to my usual life. But now he tells me I have amnesia?

- Yes, apparently you forgot two years of your life.

- Two years? My scream comes out high-pitched and for a moment I fear I'm going to pass out again.

Of course I passed out earlier because I was attacked by the crazed fury of the crazy employee named Natasha Romanoff as if it wasn't enough that she sexually assaulted me.

- It makes no sense!

"I know it's confusing and scary, but I assure you, yes, that's exactly what is happening.

I run a hand through my hair, still sitting on the hospital gurney where for the last few hours I've had a battery of tests that make me feel like a lab rat. And all I wanted was to get back to work. Back to my normal life. But if I forgot two years of my life, what is normal now?

- What am I going to do? Is there any medicine... cure I don't know?

Okay, I can be practical and objective. I have money. There must be some treatment for this. I will do whatever is necessary.

"Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing. Physically you are fine, except for the bump on the back of your neck and now this one on your forehead.

I run my hand across my forehead, where Natasha Romanoff dropped her cell phone. Could I file an assault report with the police? And where could Natasha Romanoff and her murderous rage be now? Probably working at DBS as if nothing had happened. But it's good for her to take advantage of her last moments because as soon as I'm released I'll return to the company and fire her. And I'll tell you that you should be glad I didn't put you behind bars for assault. And sexual assault.

I confess that when I think about Natasha Romanoff, I get mixed up with conflicting feelings. I'm furious that she put me in this situation.

Though it's not her fault that I fell and now I'm out of memory.

However, I cannot deny that I feel a certain fear of her. What if I fire her and she starts stalking me like a vengeful stalker? Yes, she's quite capable of that, if you take her conduct as an example since she accosted me in that elevator.

Suddenly something terrifying crosses my mind. What if that elevator wasn't the first time I'd seen her? Yes, it makes sense. I try to remember the things she told me. She seemed to be furious with me. She was talking about something that happened last night... How? What if... No, it's too absurd to think I have any relationship with Natasha Romanoff outside the company. But if she's just an employee, why did she walk into my room ready to put her mouth on mine...

Holy shit she gave birth!

I feel dizzy, like she's on a runaway roller coaster not knowing how to get down. And downstairs waving her sly smile is Natasha Romanoff.

"I know it sounds scary, but her memory can probably come back.

I face the doctor.

"But can I stay like this forever too?"

"Like I said, there's no way of knowing.

I take a deep breath, trying to keep my sanity. Yes, I need to regain control. Okay, I forgot two years of my life. And? It's not that long. I am still the CEO of DBS and I imagine that in those two years I must have done a fantastic job, as usual. But... What else?