𝟬𝟮𝟔 declaration of war

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: DECLARATION OF WAR

      Thanks to Yui's blood donation, Izumi made a quick recovery

      Thanks to Yui's blood donation, Izumi made a quick recovery. However, she wasn't sure how she felt about it. After all, it had been her parents' wish that she wouldn't feed on human blood directly... though this was a donation, so it wouldn't have to count, would it?

      No matter how she thought about it, the vampiress couldn't help but fall back on the fact that the human had probably felt compelled to give her blood. If it wasn't because of pressure from the Sakamakis, then it was she herself who had forced herself to do so.

      That, according to Izumi, did not count as a donation.

      But perhaps it wasn't that what made her so uncomfortable, but that Yui had practically saved her life. While Reiji had stated that she would not die and would recover in a couple of days, considering the situation they were in, not even being able to get up would definitely sentence her life. So, yes, Yui had saved her life.

      She didn't know how to take that.

      Currently, the human was sitting next to her on the two-body couch in the middle of the living room. They remained silent as Izumi poured her blood into small test tubes that Reiji had bestowed upon her. On the other side, the raven-haired had made his way to the front door to greet the Mukamis.

      Izumi couldn't keep her eyes from straying to Yui, who looked trapped in her head with her gaze lost on no specific point. However, she caught the vampire's gaze and turned her head to look at her, catching her off guard. The pinkhead had to avert her gaze when she noticed that her cheeks took on a pinkish color, trying to forget that it was due to the blood having risen to her face.

      "What are you doing?"

      She raised her head to find Yuma, along with his brothers, entering the room. The brunette had wrinkled his nose, and a frown fell over his lips as he struggled to look away from the blood and keep looking at her face.