𝟬𝟭𝟭 demons are logical

CHAPTER ELEVEN: DEMONS ARE LOGICAL

      "Her face looks very pale," Kanato pointed out as he watched Yui from the edge of the couch

      "Her face looks very pale," Kanato pointed out as he watched Yui from the edge of the couch. He pressed Teddy to his chest fiercely, as they all surrounded Yui's body.

      "She could wake up at any moment," Reiji spoke, trying to relax his siblings, though it was of little use.

      "But will she or Yui wake up?" Izumi sketched out the troubling question that overwhelmed her mind. Though it was not a question directed at anyone. Rather, it was a thought, no one was certain who would triumph. "They must be fighting each other as we speak."

      "Is there no way to get that bitch out of her?", Ayato now asked, looking directly at Shu. But his half-brother didn't answer him, didn't even bother to look at him before the red-haired man returned his gaze to the static body.

      It had been a while. Ayato had sat on the armrest of the couch where Yui's body lay, while Shu occupied a single-body couch next to him. Subaru was the farthest away, leaning against a wall with his arms crossed in an attempt to create a barrier. Izumi accompanied Kanato standing behind the backrest.

      Everyone's gazes were lost. They rested on undefined points while the ideas in their minds took them to other places. The only thing present in the room was their physical bodies, because the questions of what would happen were too many to remain there.

      However, whatever train of thought the vampires carried in their heads were interrupted by Yui's (or Cordelia's) moans of pain. Kanato and Izumi leaned over the backrest, poking their heads over the barrier to carefully observe the previously inert body. The purple-haired boy raised his eyebrows together.

      "That looks very painful."

      Ayato walked over and crouched down beside her. "Hey, wake up," he demanded, but to no avail. The moaning intensified, and she began to move her head from side to side.