𝟬𝟮𝟬 the first little act of rebellion

CHAPTER TWENTY: THE FIRST LITTLE ACT OF REBELLION

      Izumi couldn't stop her lips from curving into a smile when Ruki turned and looked at her and Ayato through the window

      Izumi couldn't stop her lips from curving into a smile when Ruki turned and looked at her and Ayato through the window. She waved at him, and the redhead hissed to let the rest of the Mukami know of their presence.

      Ayato looked at her for a moment and she nodded, giving him permission to disappear. While he was inside the mansion in search of the human, Izumi remained outside, in case he needed assistance. The vampire sighed, crossing her arms and leaning her back against a tree as she relaxed. She was sure that Ayato could take on those vampires with ease.

      In the blink of an eye, Yuma appeared. She just stared at him in silence, and he approached her and grabbed her by the shoulders, "What are you doing here?" he asked, and although his grip on her was firm, he was careful enough not to hurt her.

      "Taking back what's ours," she replied with a smile, and removed his grip from her shoulders, "If you're interested in keeping Yui, you should be inside, not here."

      Yuma shook his head, "I asked what are you doing here, you."

      "And I told you," Izumi replied in a bored tone.

      "You have to leave those brothers."

      At that, Izumi straightened up, "What?" she sneered.

      "You can't stay with them, it's too much of a risk," he turned his head towards the mansion, before looking back at her, "You can hide with us if you want, for a while. But the best thing is for you to go as far away as you can. You need to get away from KarlHeinz."

      Izumi raised a hand in front of the vampire's face, stopping his speech, "I don't know who you think you are to tell me what to do but, I don't care, I'm not going to do anything you tell to."

      "You're not listening-"

      "Yes, I am listening," the girl growled, her mood changing to a deadly one, "And no matter what you say, I'm not going to leave them. They are my family. I know I can't trust KarlHeinz and, believe me, no one in that house trusts him. So, that's probably where I'm safest, in that house. All the people who hate him the most are there."