𝟬𝟬𝟰 sharp teeth, sharper eyes

CHAPTER FOUR: SHARP TEETH, SHARPER EYES

      Izumi appeared in the room when she was called, staring at the group with a scowl on her face while her pink headset muffled their voices

      Izumi appeared in the room when she was called, staring at the group with a scowl on her face while her pink headset muffled their voices. Her eyes fell on Yui, who was sleeping on the sofa. With a huff, she turned to go back to her room. She really did not care in the least.

      She didn't care if the girl was sleeping, or if she was about to die. She wanted to go back to her room to continue drawing. She could have killed them just for interrupting her for no reason whatsoever. But then, Ayato took her by her forearm.

      She sent him a warning glare, asking him to let her go. Laito appeared next to her, staring at her to convey that it was an important matter. Unwilling, the girl took off the headset and left it around her neck. The vampires could hear the music coming out of them, but no one said anything about it.

      "She recognized that person," Laito announced.

      Izumi scoffed, "He's a politician in the human world, of course she recognized him."

      Ayato had returned to the sofa, but he almost stood up again to take her by instinct. It was weird to be in the same room as her without having her next to him (or rather, sitting on his lap). That was driving him crazy. It was as if there was something missing porque... well, that was it. He was missing the person he thought would always be there.

      Maybe nothing lasts forever.

      Izumi also looked at him when she felt his gaze on her. She wanted to take it back immediately, since she found herself incapable of looking away. The girl had trouble to gulp, and the redheaded boy open his mouth to speak but couldn't manage to do so. Consuming each other, they went to their own world. A world in which nothing could disturb them. Shu clicking his tongue nor Subaru huffing could reach their ears. Neither Laito's low impatient growl.

      "You're right," Laito spoke up, and the pinkhaired girl finally managed to break free from her trance to stare at the vampire with expectation. "But she recognized him by his real name. Then, she fainted."