𝟬𝟭𝟵 the bitter taste of honey

CHAPTER NINETEEN: THE BITTER TASTE OF HONEY

      Once the vampiress managed to sneak out of the Sakamaki mansion, she went to the address given by Yuma Mukami, discovering that they lived in their own mansion

      Once the vampiress managed to sneak out of the Sakamaki mansion, she went to the address given by Yuma Mukami, discovering that they lived in their own mansion. She remembered with a frown all the times the long-haired vampire had made comments about their class difference, but apparently this had all been an act. She entered the place anyway, knowing she was going straight into the lion's den. But curiosity got the better of her, compelling her to take the risk.

      After all, she was still a pureblood. Which meant she was stronger than the Mukamis themselves. Plus, she had to her advantage that she had spent years surviving with the Sakamakis; she was more than sure that was worth something.

      "Look who it is," Kou welcomed her, and the girl was already regretting her decision, "Hey, don't make that face! You should be happy that I'm welcoming you! If you want I can bring Yui, she'll show you around and-"

      "Kou," Yuma interrupted him, walking down a couple of stairs. He shook his head at his brother, before looking at Izumi, "Follow me."

      Izumi teleported to the vampire's side, and then followed him at a slow pace up the stairs. She assumed he was leading her to his room, intending to have privacy. However, she didn't let that fool her. She still didn't know if the rest of the Mukamis knew KarlHeinz as well, and she wouldn't let that fact alone confirm to her that they didn't. For all she knew, everything could be planned.

      Yuma closed the door behind him once they found themselves in his room. As he turned around, his face showed how serious the situation was, "You should be careful with KarlHeinz."

      The pinkhaired raised her eyebrows, hoping that wasn't the only thing he had to say to her, "That's old news, Mukami."

      His own children didn't trust him, clearly she wouldn't. Much less when she was well-aware of everything he'd put the brothers through.