𝟬𝟭𝟴 rome is in ruins

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: ROME IS IN RUINS

      "Mind if I sit down?"

      Izumi shot a look of annoyance at Yuma, her brow furrowed as she held her arms crossed over the book they would use in that class, "You know I do mind."

      Yuma smiled, "Then I'll take the seat, thank you for your kindness."

      The vampiress sighed reluctantly. Her shoulders slumped at the prospect of spending the entire Literature class with the boy with the annoying smile and even more annoying attitude. Without saying anything to him, she opened the book and reached for the page the teacher indicated they should read.

      "Uh, rich girl? Would you mind sharing your book with this humble commoner?"

      The chestnut got no response, but the girl relented and placed the book in the middle of the table. After a few seconds, she decided to break the silence, "You didn't even bother to bring the book?"

      Yuma looked at her, but Izumi still kept her eyes on the text. He continued to stare at her, smiling, "At least I come to class."

      The pink-haired girl looked up, and frowned. She was attending this class with Ayato, but this time the boy hadn't come to school. How did he know that was the case? Knowing that the red-haired boy had not attended was easy since there was the absence of his scent, plus it would be enough to ask any girl in the school. However, how did he know he sat with Izumi in Literature?

      "What did you do?"

      Yuma raised his eyebrows, "And I finally got your attention... I didn't do anything," he clarified and, at the change in Izumi's look, added, "Neither did my brothers. We're not as bad as you think, you know?"

      The vampiress laughed, "I'm not the one who announced myself by causing our car to crash. First impressions are everything, don't you know that?"