↷ 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

EPILOGUE: BAD ENDING

      Izumi had always been the most important person in Ayato's life from the moment he met her

      Izumi had always been the most important person in Ayato's life from the moment he met her. Giving him a smile, comforting words and a faith in him that no one had ever shown before, it was impossible for the red-haired man not to fall at her feet. Especially when the girl who supported him so unconditionally seemed so pretty to him.

      For this very reason, Ayato always strived to be the best with the prospect that she would also fall in love with him. And now, being chosen and recognized in front of his father only gave him the confirmation he needed. Insecurities were erased, his jealousy of his siblings vanished, and he no longer felt terribly pressured to be perfect. Knowing that his feelings were reciprocated led him to unleash his emotions, soon turning his love into an obsession.

      His persona changed drastically: he became possessive, obsessive and domineering. While Izumi was no stranger to his mania for making it clear to his siblings and everyone else that she was his, it was reaching extremes she could never have imagined. It even got to a point where Izumi saw no one but him: she would wake up with his face by her side, he would help her change and bathe, they would have breakfast together in his room, they would go to school together and, there, she could never get away from him. They already shared most of the classes, but in the exceptional cases when they didn't, Ayato had learned the schedules so that he could be waiting for her as soon as she left to catch up with her at her next class. During breaks it was the same way, side by side and looking like the perfect couple in front of everyone. Once they got back to the mansion, they would proceed to lock themselves in Ayato's room except for their eventual outings when he felt like it.

      It didn't take Izumi long to realize that he wasn't treating her as an equal, but almost like an object or a pet. Or rather, the evidence he needed to prove he was the best.

      "You don't look at me as your girlfriend," she had exploded one day, "You think I'm proof that you're better than your brothers!"

      "And what's wrong with that?" Ayato replied with a frown and gritted teeth, "Clearly that guy recognizes whoever you choose as the true heir, so yes! You're proof that Ore-sama is number one!"