𝟎𝟑𝟎. showered in blood and flowers

CHAPTER THIRTY: SHOWERED IN BLOOD AND FLOWERS

      "Karl Heinz? Is that really you?" Izumi muttered

      "Karl Heinz? Is that really you?" Izumi muttered. Although the image of the man in front of her was unmistakable, she couldn't help but doubt. After all, it had been years since she had last seen him. Besides, the Vampire King had never been known to be trustworthy.

      The man smiled, "You used to call me Uncle Tougo, remember?" He asked longingly, to which the girl denied. Still, that didn't discourage KarlHeinz, he continued with a pleased mood, "Well, I shouldn't be surprised. That was almost a lifetime ago. I used to call you the apple of my eye back then. I guess you still are, but I can't really keep calling you that when you've grown up so much, can I?"

      The girl frowned, "Where is everyone?"

      "Ah, really, you don't see me for over ten years and you ask about my kids? I must admit, that hurts, Zuzu."

      The vampiress wanted to protest to not be called that silly nickname, but she couldn't. Not when he had the power to end her in a second, and not when she knew he was someone who could be driven by his impulses. The reality was that she was just as trapped as when the Founders had taken her hostage. So she had to keep her cool if she wanted to get out of this one.

      "I'm sorry, uh... Uncle Tougo, but I'm just worried about them. Moments ago, they were fighting against..."

      "The Founders, I know," KarlHeinz waved a hand in front of his face, playing it down, "You should have more faith in them, Zuzu. They're my children, remember? Besides, they took your blood. Carla and Shin don't stand a chance against them."

      Izumi narrowed her eyes, "How can you be so sure?"

      "Because it's all part of my little project," KarlHeinz smiled vehemently, "You could say it's all set in stone."

      "Set in stone?"

      "By me," the man concluded, clasping his hands together in a celebratory gesture, "But let me tell you properly, from the beginning, Zuzu. I'm sure you'll understand once I explain everything. I used to think you would be my miko, but you got a much more meaningful role. Or should I say, you created that place for yourself. Seriously Zuzu, I'm very impressed by everything you've accomplished."