𝟬𝟬𝟯 bite the apple

CHAPTER THREE: BITE THE APPLE

      An empty chair, a still turned-around plate, and the cutlery untouched were evidence of Izumi Kuromiya's absence throughout dinner

      An empty chair, a still turned-around plate, and the cutlery untouched were evidence of Izumi Kuromiya's absence throughout dinner. She had refused to go, not even bothering to get up when Reiji called her announcing food was ready. It was supposed to be a special family dinner to welcome Yui, and the only reason why Reiji allowed her to get away with this was because they didn't really share a blood bond. Thus, her attendance wasn't really necessary according to his own principles.

      No one mentioned her during the banquet. It wasn't necessary since everyone knew this was probably another one of her tantrums because of Ayato. The relationship between the two loudest ones in the manor had always been full of bumps and downs. Whenever Izumi threw a tantrum, Ayato would give in to her every last demand. On the other hand, when they were on good terms, Ayato turned so possessive of her that it only annoyed the siblings further. So, they preferred it when they were arguing, not that it was particularly pleasant either.

      "Why couldn't I enjoy your company during dinner?" Laito asked, appearing behind Izumi. She was in the playroom, staring at the pool balls while she wondered which would be the best way of proceeding to obtain what was hers.

      "Because I didn't feel like rewarding any of you with my lovely presence," She pushed one of the balls, which rolled slowly until it found its home in one of the holes of the table. The vampiress barely looked up at Laito, and she sat on top of the table to haughtily stare at him, "You don't deserve me."

      Laito raised an eyebrow, wrapping her waist with his arms like snakes to hold her close to his body. He pressed her against his chest, leaving her with nowhere to run. A tiny smile lifted his lips, "And why the sudden change of opinion, princess?"

      "It may be due to your sudden change of behavior, sweetheart."

      Laito frowned. Now he really didn't know what was happening, he would have thought he had misheard her if it wasn't because he was so focused on her. His grasp over her flickered. He hadn't changed his behavior at all... right? The only change that had occurred was the arrival of the human girl to the mansion, but that couldn't be it. She had said his change... only his? Or were his brothers also involved in this?