𝟎𝟐𝟕 no time, no regrets

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: NO TIME, NO REGRETS

      Once they reached Castle Eden through the mansion's basement door, everyone was a little calmer

      Once they reached Castle Eden through the mansion's basement door, everyone was a little calmer. However, they could not relax. Eventually the Founders would make their appearance, and they had better have a plan or it would all be for nothing.

      They were walking through a hallway, heading for the gardens. Meanwhile, Izumi refilled the two test tubes to pass them to Laito and Ayato, who put the string around their necks and made sure to hide the flask behind their clothes.

      "You'd better not do that idiotic thing you did earlier because I'm not going to give you any more," the vampiress warned, narrowing her eyes at the two brothers.

      Laito put a hand to his chest, right where his heart was supposed to be, "I promise not to do it again, princess. Look, I even have your blood on my heart."

      The redhead rolled his eyes at his brother's, clicking his tongue before looking at Izumi and nodding, "I won't do it again. I only did it because Laito convinced me."

      "Ah? You're blaming me?"

      Izumi quickly placed herself between the two, "No fighting," she reminded them.

      "We need a plan," Reiji raised his voice, looking over his shoulder at the group.

      "Before that," Yuma interjected, catching everyone's attention. When he noticed this, he lowered his head to Izumi, "Why exactly can your blood kill us? You didn't explain anything."

      "Why should we explain anything to you?" Subaru growled, gritting his teeth.

      "It's okay, Subaru," the vampiress assured before looking back at Yuma. She shot a quick glance at the rest of the Mukamis, noting that they were just as interested as the one who had spoken, "We don't know much about it either. We only know what Ritcher wanted to share with us."